Anyone own Blue Sevres?

Diamondbirdie

Jun 17, 2015
Happy New Year to all the lovely people on this very enabling forum!

I'm thinking ahead to my 2017 bling budget and next on the list is a Vintage Alhambra pendant. I'm thinking MOP but would love some colour- blue would suit my colouring and wardrobe best. I know there's little hope of turquoise, and I'm pretty sure lapis does not exist (maybe the experts could put me right on that?) but how about porcelain? I believe it's only available in Paris and luckily I'll be there in the summer! I'm concerned about durability though, is it likely to be fragile, or chip? I think I also read somewhere that the pendant is bigger than normal Alhambra? Any advice gratefully appreciated!

Happy New Year to all the lovely people on this very enabling forum!

I'm thinking ahead to my 2017 bling budget and next on the list is a Vintage Alhambra pendant. I'm thinking MOP but would love some colour- blue would suit my colouring and wardrobe best. I know there's little hope of turquoise, and I'm pretty sure lapis does not exist (maybe the experts could put me right on that?) but how about porcelain? I believe it's only available in Paris and luckily I'll be there in the summer! I'm concerned about durability though, is it likely to be fragile, or chip? I think I also read somewhere that the pendant is bigger than normal Alhambra? Any advice gratefully appreciated!
The serves pendant is slightly larger than the vintage size.
I think it would make a wonderful souvenir and would not hesitate to purchase this very special item.

Oh, if I could find a blue Alhambra VCA I would buy it on the spot (my budget would go immediately out the window) :lol:. If the porcelain is dainty or fragile, then I would just take extra good care of it. I don't even let myself go there because I've already been to Paris, so I won't be going back any time soon. I love blue & have a wardrobe full of things that a blue VCA piece would coordinate with. I really hope you get it in Paris this summer! :yes:

I have the blue porcelain pendant and I really love it. The size is between vintage and magic, a perfect size for me. It's a very beautiful shade of blue.
Since it is porcelain, I would be a bit more careful with it than a solid gold Alhambra pendant for example. I haven't had any problems with mine, the only thing I noticed is that it shows fingerprints quite easily. But that doesn't really bother me as I just wipe it off with a soft cloth. I also layer mine sometimes with other necklaces without any problems.
It is true that it is only available in Paris and they won't ship it. They do accept down payments though.

Here are some threads that might be helpful for you too:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/sevres-porcelain.913162/

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/blue-porcelain-your-thoughts-please.936824/page-4#post-30065281

Thank you so much TGG, Tulip2 and Chanel! That is really useful information, all of it. I'll have a look at those threads, too. I think I might just have to go in and try it on. I wonder what the price is?

I have this pendant and I love it! Size-wise it's in between magic and vintage. If you decide to purchase it, try to go at the beginning of your trip - if you want the chain extended, they may be able to do it before you leave. :smile:

I have this pendant too, absolutely love it. Also dont have any problem in terms of care. However, as its larger than vintage size and the contrast between blue and gold is quite eyecatching especially outdoor. I find myself more conscious about matching my hardware/outfit without overdoing it. Unlike vintage onyx pendant, which could easily be a daily staple in my view.

Thanks Klynneann, Im heading back to Paris this spring as well, may i ask how they do the chain extension? I kinda want to wear it both long (like magic) and short (original design), is that doable by addint an extension gold chain?

I have this pendant too, absolutely love it. Also dont have any problem in terms of care. However, as its larger than vintage size and the contrast between blue and gold is quite eyecatching especially outdoor. I find myself more conscious about matching my hardware/outfit without overdoing it. Unlike vintage onyx pendant, which could easily be a daily staple in my view.

Thanks Klynneann, Im heading back to Paris this spring as well, may i ask how they do the chain extension? I kinda want to wear it both long (like magic) and short (original design), is that doable by addint an extension gold chain?
Hm, I don't think so. I just had 2 extra inches added, which they will do at no cost at the time of purchase (not sure if they'll do it after - I'm sure others on this thread with more experience could say). :smile:

I have the blue porcelain pendant and I really love it. The size is between vintage and magic, a perfect size for me. It's a very beautiful shade of blue.
Since it is porcelain, I would be a bit more careful with it than a solid gold Alhambra pendant for example. I haven't had any problems with mine, the only thing I noticed is that it shows fingerprints quite easily. But that doesn't really bother me as I just wipe it off with a soft cloth. I also layer mine sometimes with other necklaces without any problems.
It is true that it is only available in Paris and they won't ship it. They do accept down payments though.

Here are some threads that might be helpful for you too:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/sevres-porcelain.913162/

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/blue-porcelain-your-thoughts-please.936824/page-4#post-30065281
Do you ever wear the porcelain in the shower? I would love to get a piece but am concerned about the durability. Clearly I don't wear my natural stones everyday or let them get wet but all my YG gets worn constantly. Just curious as it is porcelain does it need to be carefully looked after like a natural stone. Thank you!!!

Do you ever wear the porcelain in the shower? I would love to get a piece but am concerned about the durability. Clearly I don't wear my natural stones everyday or let them get wet but all my YG gets worn constantly. Just curious as it is porcelain does it need to be carefully looked after like a natural stone. Thank you!!!

I always take my jewelry off (except for my Love bangle) before taking a shower.
Wouldn't personally recommend to wear porcelain in the shower.
Having said that, I still love this pendant. It does show fingerprints easily, but I use a soft cloth to wipe them off. And like with a natural stone, be careful that it doesn't fall on a hard surface as it could damage/break the porcelain.
But the color is beautiful. Darker and more subtle indoors and a lovely bright blue outdoors :heart:.
Hope this helps!