Anyone own an Artsy made in Spain in 2010? Any cracking issues?

mettals

O.G.
Jun 21, 2007
I bought an Artsy preloved, but barely used, and it was made in the middle of 2010. It's in near new condition, but I'm so paranoid about using it because of threads I have read about the Artsy canvas cracking. Anyone have any issues with their Artsy from 2010?

I did a search of this issue but most of the posts are from 2012 and involving 2011 bags (it looks like).

TIA!

I had an Artsy that cracked. It was from 2011 but made in the USA. LV replaced it immediately - no questions asked and I've had my new bag for over a year with no issues. If the bag hasn't cracked yet and it's three years old, I wouldn't worry about it. Use it and enjoy it!!

I have a 2010 made in Spain.. (knock on wood) no cracking here!
Don't be afraid to use it. If you wear it with a tank top just wipe the edges of the opening with a damp microfiber cloth.. We all think it's deodorant that causes the cracks.

I had an Artsy that cracked. It was from 2011 but made in the USA. LV replaced it immediately - no questions asked and I've had my new bag for over a year with no issues. If the bag hasn't cracked yet and it's three years old, I wouldn't worry about it. Use it and enjoy it!!

Thank, img! I think I will. It's a gorgeous bag! Appreciate your response.

I have a 2010 made in Spain.. (knock on wood) no cracking here!
Don't be afraid to use it. If you wear it with a tank top just wipe the edges of the opening with a damp microfiber cloth.. We all think it's deodorant that causes the cracks.

This is so reassuring. I will try to avoid wearing tank tops with it. Thanks so much!

Good Info!
I'm new here and joined for the sole purpose of gettiing more information about how to maintain that beautiful Artsy. Thats alot of money to spend on a bag that cracks!

Good Info!
I'm new here and joined for the sole purpose of gettiing more information about how to maintain that beautiful Artsy. Thats alot of money to spend on a bag that cracks!

Welcome, Shurley! You'll find a wealth of info here about anything LV (and other bags). I'm feeling more comfortable with the Artsy because it sounds like the cracks happen on rare instances and seems to be from a bad batch around 2011. Enjoy your Artsy!

I have cracking on a bag that is 8 years old, but not on a bag that is 17 years old. I think it has something to do with quality.

I agree! I have a Cabas Mezzo from 2001 and it is solid! The canvas, leather handles and hardware all feel higher quality than the new released mono bags. It's really too bad given the significant price increases by LV.

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that. That's what concerns me because my Artsy is from 2010 so it's more than 3 years also.

My audra is made 13 years ago, so the SA was pretty much impress coz the purse is in a such good condition. You can't really see unless you will really inspect it. But the mere fact that you know it has a crack it will really bother you somehow.
I'm getting my Artsy MM btw this Dec as my husband promised me to buy for me. I've been eyeing it for years but couldnt made up my mind since I think it is too big for me but I just love the design. :biggrin: