Anyone own a Hermes coat?

I have a couple of coats and jackets, and I have to say, that they wear/last great. I felt a little odd at first buying fabric that cost more than fur...but the quality and styling are so nice that I have no regrets.

shopmom411 said:
Oh, pr1nc......you probably don't have pics of these two beauties, do you? I'd love to see both so I could honestly give my opinion......however, since I believe in Hermes quality and superb attention to detail and craftsmanship, I'd probably say to get the Hermes coat if you could afford it. Might last longer than the Prada coat too....

Here's a link to the coat I tried on (but the one I tried was navy and cocoa):
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/F2006RTW/complete/slideshow/HERMES?loop=0&event=&designer=&trend=&iphoto=29&play=false&cnt=35

Sofibella said:
I have an Hermes cashmere coat I purchased two years ago. It is wonderful and so very soft, It is also reversible with black on one side and camel on the other. Kind of practical for Hermes. Here it is:

Beautiful! And I'm sure you're a knockout when you wear it with the Birkin!

I have 2 Hermes coats -- one is a double-layered camel colored cashmere winter coat, that is incredibly soft and warm, but still is sleek and thin, not at all bulky, which is really nice. The other one, is a sort of a Spring/Summer trench which I got at one of their sales, so it was nice to get a bit of a discount, but it still fits wonderfully.

I certainly had misgivings on the price of the cashmere coat, but I have worn it so much since that it has definitely been worth it.

I have a cocoa-brown Hermes 100% cashmere coat that I got in 1998 and that I still wear. It's timeless. And it's so light (to bring along on trips) and yet keeps me really warm. My Dad is my "guru"...he taught me that a cashmere coat is a must-have...the first thing to have once I started working & travelling with him.

Christy...excellent taste!! Love your Birkin and your coat so much!
I have a Hermes black quilted jacket (barn jacket). I've owned that for about six or seven years and it's still wonderful!
Princ...I'd love to buy a Hermes coat and if it's a classic and looks wonderful what more do you want. I'd say buy it! I'm awful I know...I love Jil Sander too. I love classics!

Wow, gorgy coat pix! I only have a little quilted jacket (that I bought on sale!), but I did buy a long cashmere coat with a beautiful leather collar for my DH two years ago. We live in the north east (US) and DH refuses to wear a coat, no matter how cold it gets. Then, two years ago, he got pneumonia. I figured if I bought him the cashmere coat (it was around $6K) and he didn't wear it - I'D KILL HIM! :hysteric: So, to this day, when the weather gets chilly, DH is a good boy and wears his lovely coat! ;)

xmasheart said:
I have a cocoa-brown Hermes 100% cashmere coat that I got in 1998 and that I still wear. It's timeless. And it's so light (to bring along on trips) and yet keeps me really warm. My Dad is my "guru"...he taught me that a cashmere coat is a must-have...the first thing to have once I started working & travelling with him.
This made me smile, XMAS! How beautiful!

I have two Hermes coats - they're not heavy - more like overcoats made from cashmere/wool. One is so very cool - it's a 3/4 sleeve long coat in dark brown, and has the slits under the arms so that you can wear it like a cape if you wish. It's lined in ebene leather in parts (around the pockets and the piping on the edges) and is really unusual...I just love it. The other is in charcoal (almost black) and has long sleeves - it buttons down the front but also has the slits to use as a cape.

I just LOVE Hermes RTW....their clothing is designed in such a clever way and is made so very well. Almost reminds me of Bonnie Cashin (one of my fav vintage designers, btw) with the practicality in their designs...

Lisa

Attachments

• nyc_coat.jpg
    nyc_coat.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 295
Tried one on and LOVED it (but not my size :sad: ). I think coats are a great investment...maybe second to bags, but ahead of shoes (they get very worn looking). Anything you can wear day after day versus once a month, or whatever, is a good investment IMO. Go for it!

Lovely coats posted, BTW! :love:

I have several coats by Hermes too. I must say, the cashmere is exquisite!! :heart:

Fopduck: For reference sake, my spring trench was about $4500+ and my winter coat was like, $6000+ (*cringe*)

Love all the coats posted too!! It's just so classic!!