Anyone own a canvas handbag?

seekingjans

Jul 24, 2007
Hello Everyone!

I have just ordered this handbag:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=523343

and I'm second guessing my decision. I'd like to know what your experiance may be with canvas handbags and how durable they are etc. I ordered the cream and tan-- which is now making me nervous about stains, etc. Would love to hear your insight and experience. Thanks all!!!:shrugs:

There seems to be something wrong with the Bloomies site, but it's the Andrew Marc Convertible Messenger. Thanks again

Last edited:

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Welcome seekingjans! I don't really own any canvas bags except for an LL Bean tote which is as strong as iron! I have it for many years. As far as a bag goes, I like the fact it's an Andrew Marc, he makes quality items. I can't see a photo of it, as you said, the site is down. Think of the bag as a seasonal item because canvas does pick up and show dirt more than leather. I hope I was able to help!

ETA - I just saw the bag and it is quite nice! Have you considered the Proenza perhaps? You might like that style.

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I agree with BEBE - pick up a can of Scotch-guard, protect the leather, spray the bag, and live happily ever after! That's a really cute bag, I love the lines of it! And the two handles, very convenient!

heather123

Nov 13, 2006
I like that bag and can vouch for canvas as being a smart bag fabric. I have a green Marc Jacobs canvas shoulder bag I use every summer. It has leather handles and two cute little bag charms. Sorry no pics, I never got around to photographing this bag. It must be around fifteen years old and I wear it every summer. It seems to be indestructible and I just wipe it clean occasionally. It still looks as good as the day I bought it. Maybe it has a picture of itself in some attic!

seekingjans

Jul 24, 2007
I like that bag and can vouch for canvas as being a smart bag fabric. I have a green Marc Jacobs canvas shoulder bag I use every summer. It has leather handles and two cute little bag charms. Sorry no pics, I never got around to photographing this bag. It must be around fifteen years old and I wear it every summer. It seems to be indestructible and I just wipe it clean occasionally. It still looks as good as the day I bought it. Maybe it has a picture of itself in some attic!

Did you ever treat it with scotchguard, etc?

Queenie719

Feb 13, 2011
I have a Burberry canvas handbag. Yes the dye transfer can be a problem. I can't carry it with my black pea coat because it turns the bag black. Good thing it doesn't match the coat anyway :P Other than that I love it...