Anyone own 10 LVs or more at same time?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
How silly or ridiculous to have 10 LVs at once? My 10th will arrive on Wednesday (Artsy MM) and I'm feeling a little guilty. I keep saying no more especially after the courtney but couldn't resist. I'm not an ebay seller or perhaps I'd try to sell one or two. Are there others out there that have 10 or more LVs and think it is OK? Sometimes I think "less is more" and I'd be better off and enjoy fewer high-ticket items.

I have 12 bags and a couple of SLGs :yahoo: I wouldn't have thought I had that many but have just done a count LOL and am anticipating my 13th & 14th bags in April ;)

It's not ridiculous! (hmm unless you have 10 all the same Speedys LOL) - mine are all different styles for different purposes - better to have 10 great bags that you cherish than 50 rubbish ones!

I have 8.. and far more SLGs. I really need to stop, especially considering how many non Louis bags that I have.

There's a lot of ladies on the board that stick to a strict one in one out policy, and I'm beginning to see the logic in that !

I have 5 LV bags--all accumulated since last February! :wtf: I don't feel I want anymore. I wanted some to use and enjoy. I do have more SLGs than bags though. :shrugs:

Like Ayla, I have other brand named bags too so I don't need anymore LVs.

i have 13 lv bags...sometimes i think i have too much but after a while i don't feel bad about it because i deserve it after looong nights/early days working my a** off

I have kind of a rule that as long as they are all used and loved, it's great. But I pass things to my daughters when they fall in love with them. I watch my budget too and only pay cash. As a single mom, I'm careful not to ever go into debt for LV especially with all three girls in med school and college at the same time, do I'm careful. That alone makes me really consider purchases carefully. I would never collect one item just to collect because there are so many better and more needed ways to spend money. But I love LV and the classics are beautifully made, last a long time and will last so many years. I stay clear of some of the newer fads that aren't as well made or practical. Ultimately, you can only use so many. I do feel kind of sad when I see people having trouble financially for their collections. Better to just have a few and love them and use them. I know one woman who buys Hermes and other bags over and over again, but can't afford them at all and so every bag she gets has to be sold within a few months. She takes acbig loss on esch one, but it's like a junkie feeding a habit and it's do darn sad. I think it's partially the wanting to show off all the new purchases and she may not realize that people just feel kind of sorry for her. I wouldn't want to be in that situation where people are chuckling or feeling sorry for me, nor would I want to collect over 20 of the exact same thing. The key is to be conscious of your own finances and needs, and have some lovely things you'll treasure for years, but not over extend yourself to the point where you can't sleep or where you become someone buying for it's own sake, or to show off. I feel so sad for that person I mentioned. Even her SA laughs about it and knows. I think tens of thousands of dollars goes in and out every few months that might be better spent on therapy. But 10 bags or so, collected over years, isn't excessive. It's lots better than 40 cheap bags bought over the same time period. Also, LV holds it's value and you can recoup your funds if you need to.

Last edited:
I have about 13 and am about to add one more today, cant wait! Got an invite from my SA to get my butt in there and see the new collection! But I am also in need of some sunglasses, so I dont know.... The more the merrier!!

im up to 12 but i will admit there are 2 or 3 i dont use very often. the rest get used often enough that i dont think that they are being wasted...

Personally, I think that if you truly do love all of them and get that excited feeling when you see them, its fine. My count is at 5 right now in the span of a year so I'm definitely slowing myself down until something comes along that truly catches my eye. I think sometimes its all too easy to fall into the trap of getting an LV just for the sake of leaving the store with something in that lovely brown bag.