Anyone own 10 LVs or more at same time?

...... I think sometimes its all too easy to fall into the trap of getting an LV just for the sake of leaving the store with something in that lovely brown bag.

Well said - and I think reading this forum doesn't help either! :graucho:

But what is an "acceptable" amount anyway????? Sort of like the question, how long's a piece of string? There is no right or wrong answer really!

I have kind of a rule that as long as they are all used and loved, it's great. But I pass things to my daughters when they fall in love with them. I watch my budget too and only pay cash. As a single mom, I'm careful not to ever go into debt for LV especially with all three girls in med school and college at the same time, do I'm careful. That alone makes me really consider purchases carefully. I would never collect one item just to collect because there are so many better and more needed ways to spend money. But I love LV and the classics are beautifully made, last a long time and will last so many years. I stay clear of some of the newer fads that aren't as well made or practical. Ultimately, you can only use so many. I do feel kind of sad when I see people having trouble financially for their collections. Better to just have a few and love them and use them. I know one woman who buys Hermes and other bags over and over again, but can't afford them at all and so every bag she gets has to be sold within a few months. She takes acbig loss on esch one, but it's like a junkie feeding a habit and it's do darn sad. I think it's partially the wanting to show off all the new purchases and she may not realize that people just feel kind of sorry for her. I wouldn't want to be in that situation where people are chuckling or feeling sorry for me, nor would I want to collect over 20 of the exact same thing. The key is to be conscious of your own finances and needs, and have some lovely things you'll treasure for years, but not over extend yourself to the point where you can't sleep or where you become someone buying for it's own sake, or to show off. I feel so sad for that person I mentioned. Even her SA laughs about it and knows. I think tens of thousands of dollars goes in and out every few months that might be better spent on therapy. But 10 bags or so, collected over years, isn't excessive. It's lots better than 40 cheap bags bought over the same time period. Also, LV holds it's value and you can recoup your funds if you need to.

very, very well said.

The other thing is to make sure your habit isn't affecting your relationships. The person I was talking about- I think her husband of many years is ready to bolt. It's so sad.

That is so sad :sad:
Its a very good point to make sure that you are taking care of the people and priorities around you, before you feed your addiction!
Sometimes it's easy to get all wrapped up in accumulating new "must have" designer goods without realizing that there IS actually a shopping addiction involved.
I totally agree with charleson-mom and that story is so heartbreaking :sad:

11 here and contemplating the em, last purchase i.e. vernis alma pm in amarante, which should (fingers crossed) complete my collection, at least for now :P However I am seriously considering selling two of the bags that I seldom use...my only hesitation is the loss that I will inevitably incur in doing so. Sigh. But yes, I agree there's no point in having a vast collection with a large number of unused or rarely used bags. Better to streamline and keep a few that you truly love and cherish, and will happily carry over and over again for many years.

I have 8 bags and a few slgs. I'm at a point where I am content with my collection; I would like a wallet this year.

I really want a Cartier bangle this year, so my mind (&obsession) is focused there.

I have 8.. and far more SLGs. I really need to stop, especially considering how many non Louis bags that I have.

There's a lot of ladies on the board that stick to a strict one in one out policy, and I'm beginning to see the logic in that !

I agree Ayla! Although I never buy any of my bags thinking I will sell them...

I have more, and 2 more to come soon... Feel I have a good varity of bags, and use them all regulary (Almost....) so I think is okay. My plan was to don't have 2 of the same bags, but just got my second NF....

The trick is to find a boyfriend whit an expencive hobby... My BF is in to rally, so he can't say anything even he thinks is stupid...

I counted and found that I have 19 LV bags and 7 SLGs -- more than I thought, but I've been buying them for 6 or 7 years now, and they are all different sizes and serve different functions. I'm also older and didn't start buying designer bags until I could easily afford them. I'm happy with what I have now and, although I love seeing all of the new bags (like the Artsy!), I can resist the urge to buy yet another bag. Really, I don't think there is a specific number that is right or wrong.

I think its perfectly fine to have more than 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, or whatever number makes you happy. I use all of them and I love the fact that if I ever need to, I can easily liquidate the assets into CASH!!

I have 7 LVs. What I have are varieties. I have 1 cross body bag, 2 handhelds, 1 Pochette, 1 backpack, 1 EPI shoulder bag, and 1 wallet. I need only one more, Mono shoulder bag and then I'll be content. I never sell my bags and don't intend to sell any of them....... Re your quesiton, if you can afford it, I don't see why you can't have 10 or more.