Anyone out there a Paddington Bear Fan?

1. I have loved Paddington Bear for soooo long....

I have a re-creation by JW Wright with custom suitcase in leather with Marmalade and Aunt Lucy picture with Peru Money inside!!!!! It was like a dream come true...I also collect some of the Video.....

It is one of those makers to my childhood.....his situation and mine were alot alike and I used to write letter to him thinking that he knew just how I felt....

its so bad that I make my son watch the Videos with me....

Do you guys remember this cute Bear? Pls share your stories with me!!!:smile:

2. Darkest Peru! I have loved Peru ever since I was a little girl just because of Paddington Bear. Whenever I had to do a paper on a Spanish speaking country in grammar & high school, I always chose Peru. Same with marmalade & duffle coats, whenever I see them, I have flashbacks to my childhood.

3. I love Paddington Bear! I used to sit in the library and read his books. What about the Berenstain Bears!? Does anyone remember them?

4. I won a coloring contest when I was younger and the prizes were a gigantic Paddington Bear and little one too. I still have them. Geez, that was back in the early 80's.

5. I love Paddington Bear! When I was in London, I remember wanting to buy a little one, but even the little ones were 7 pounds. I had to settle for a photograph of a big one in front of a teddy bear store in Bath.

I remember the Barentstein Bears. They always taught kids to be goody goodies. But I have to admit I had Visit the Dentist, Too Much Junk Food, Get the Gimmes, The In-Crowd, The Sitter and I think The Messy Room. Then we borrowed others from the library.

The newer ones are interesting. The one where Sister says a curse word at the dinner table because she heard it on tv? It was called The Big Blooper. I saw it at Barnes & Noble and I picked it up and read it because I thought, "What exactly did she SAY?"

Oh my GOD! My dad swore in front of me when I was younger - mostly damn, the s-bomb, GD and JC but never the f-bomb - and I turned out all right!

6. The best dog I have ever owned looked like a bear, and I named him Paddington Bear. Then everybody started giving me different things with Paddington on it. I think if it was made with a Paddington on it, I have it. Now my children have my Paddington things.

7. Remember Courdoroy? (The teddy bear with the missing button on his overalls left in a department store?)

8. One of my dreams is to go to London to take a picture with the Bronze figure at the actual Paddington Station...

Anyone out there in London? Do they still sell Paddington stuff? I know about the website but any stores that I can reach from here?:smile:

9. Well, there was that teddy bear store in Bath. And a lot of the souvenir shops had Paddington stuff.

10. I love Paddington bears. I have a couple that are limited Edition. Bought them while I was in london. Hoping to use them when I decorate a babies nursery someday soon.

11. That would be SO cute! I always thought that when I adopt a baby, I'd like their nursery to be decorated in vintage Winnie the Pooh.
    But Paddington is adorable, too! (And something I never thought of before!)

12. Awwww, that would be precious!!!! That would be very special!!!!:yes:

13. Thank you for the info! :yes:

14. I love Paddington Bear. He was one of my favourite childhood bear characters, next to Winnie the Pooh :heart:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice