Anyone order a from Saks Fifth Avenue?

hanaleipage

Oct 10, 2020
I ordered a bag from Saks and selected free two-day shipping with Shoprunner, yesterday. The order was confirmed. Naturally, because it was a large purchase, I'm just getting nervous still seeing "Order Processing" when the estimated delivery is tomorrow.

1. Have you ever ordered from Saks? What was your experience?
2. Have you used their app? I've had no issues with accessing my account via desktop/laptop, but the app doesn't accept my login credentials.

Anyone else still having a hard time with ordering through Saks? I've been waiting a week for my order to process, and now I'm being told the security team has to call me to verify my information.

Anyone else still having a hard time with ordering through Saks? I've been waiting a week for my order to process, and now I'm being told the security team has to call me to verify my information.
I've had a love/hate relationship with Saks.

When I ordered my bag, I was told it would arrive two days later (ordered on a Wednesday, supposed to come Friday and no later than Saturday). 48+ hours after purchasing, it was still "processing." I contacted customer service expressing my concern with the logistical mismatch (bank already showed the payment, Saks still said "processing," bag hadn't arrived). Less than a day after contacting customer service, Saks called me. I NEVER answer calls I don't recognize, but had a feeling it might be them. They verified my information and told me to look for an email with my FedEx tracking. This is a bit off-topic but just a warning: I did receive my bag but, unfortunately, the warehouse did not include my authenticity card nor care instructions and told me that they could not send me those items.

When I ordered some clothes, it was a quicker process.

I would reach out to Saks via customer service email, phone call, and (if you have Twitter) direct message. Cover all your bases. They'll likely give you a coupon code or gift card for the inconvenience.

Reactions: apursenewbie
I've had a love/hate relationship with Saks.

When I ordered my bag, I was told it would arrive two days later (ordered on a Wednesday, supposed to come Friday and no later than Saturday). 48+ hours after purchasing, it was still "processing." I contacted customer service expressing my concern with the logistical mismatch (bank already showed the payment, Saks still said "processing," bag hadn't arrived). Less than a day after contacting customer service, Saks called me. I NEVER answer calls I don't recognize, but had a feeling it might be them. They verified my information and told me to look for an email with my FedEx tracking. This is a bit off-topic but just a warning: I did receive my bag but, unfortunately, the warehouse did not include my authenticity card nor care instructions and told me that they could not send me those items.

When I ordered some clothes, it was a quicker process.

I would reach out to Saks via customer service email, phone call, and (if you have Twitter) direct message. Cover all your bases. They'll likely give you a coupon code or gift card for the inconvenience.

Thank you for sharing your experience! The same thing is happening to me. The payment has gone through on my credit card, and it's been a week since I bought the items. I've emailed, called and contacted them on two different social media platforms. They either tell me they're looking into or that the security team will try to contact me. Another thing they do is ignore my messages completely!

I'm so sorry your bag didn't arrive in perfect condition either. That's seriously such a bummer, especially when it's a designer item you've been looking forward to.

May I ask what information they needed you to verify over the phone? I seriously don't want to give them my credit card number over the phone!

Ugh they cancelled my order because it was out of stock but when I went to check their website 2.5 hours after receiving the email, the item was in stock. I talked to someone via chat who told me to call them to order again but I’d lose my 10% Rakuten. You’d think they would make it easy to buy a $1000+ purse... doubt I’ll shop at saks again

• Wow
Reactions: lulilu
I place an order for a coat last week and 2 days later the order was canceled. Went back online and was able to order it again. Received an email a day later saying the order was canceled. I don't understand why I was able to checkout, pay, and receive a confirmation email if the item wasn't available. I just checked again and was able to add it to shopping bag and proceed to checkout however, I gave up with Saks and ordered directly from the designer's website. I am wondering if Saks canceled my order because I used their promo code. The code would have saved me $275 on a $2900 coat.

Update: The item was delivered today about an hour after my post. I did not receive an update email from Saks. The last email I got was a cancelation.

Last edited:

I'm done with Saks online. Worst CS ever. I purchased two Smythe Blazers for $795 each and they only shipped one. The invoice in the package said there should be two blazers. I called their online cs and told them to either ship me the second blazer or refund my $$$. They said I would have to buy the second blazer again. They would not refund until they opened an investigation which could take 3 weeks for an answer. Sorry, I'm not waiting 3 weeks to be refunded or shipped the second blazer. They messed with the wrong buyer!!!! I not only contacted my credit card company, but also asked them where the two blazers were shipping from. They said a store in the East Coast. I got the phone number and called for 4 hours until I got the GM's personal cell phone of the store. I told her this is stealing. I paid for two blazers but you only shipped one. Please pull the video when they put my package together. She went to the store and tracked down
the sales associate and she said she did not ship the second blazer, because there was a small snag in it. First of all she should have notified me and refunded me if they were not going to ship it. So Saks was hoping I would not notice that they charged me for 2 blazers, but only shipped one. Luckily this wonderful GM refunded my credit card yesterday and emailed me the return receipt. I'm so glad I never gave up. I will never ever shop at Saks online again.!!!!

Last edited:
Resurrecting this post 2 years later. First instance in 2020 - the order kept getting canceled. Shipping canceled. Pick up canceled. I ordered direct from the designer instead.

Recently I get a shipping (and tracking) confirmation on a preorder and the very next day a "We're very sorry about your order."

What is it? Saks?!? What are you sorry about it?? :panic:

I have to say, I don’t shop much at Saks (merchandise is ok, I prefer moda, nap, etc). BUT they did make a somewhat annoying experience better.

Canceled my agent provocateur bra (so I ended up elsewhere, spending more on the same bra and then buying more). But im getting my white elephant gift on time, still offering me gc… haven’t checked my cash back account yet for 15% but honestly at this point I care about as much as the 10% coupon they’re giving (which is staying unused unless I can use it on Gucci or something, very doubtful even though I didn’t read the fine print yet).

So they’re ok. I will still browse with them and occasionally will buy but never again for anything I absolutely want and can be gotten elsewhere like the AP—even if I pay elsewhere a bit more. Had both places sold out I would be unhappy.

They just canceled one of my orders. I ordered on Wednesday with priority shipping. It is Monday and it still hadn’t shipped. I just received an email saying my order had been canceled. I bought these during a promotion and using a promotional gift card. The items are both still available to order on their website, so it doesn’t seem there is a reason they should cancel. I am livid. Seems shady. They canceled a different order last week and the item popped back up on the website today. I think they don’t want to live up to all of their current promotion.

They just canceled one of my orders. I ordered on Wednesday with priority shipping. It is Monday and it still hadn’t shipped. I just received an email saying my order had been canceled. I bought these during a promotion and using a promotional gift card. The items are both still available to order on their website, so it doesn’t seem there is a reason they should cancel. I am livid. Seems shady. They canceled a different order last week and the item popped back up on the website today. I think they don’t want to live up to all of their current promotion.
I got my GC despite their cancel of one of my items and I ordered just enough to get the gc, fwiw.

Was a bit mad because I wanted that item and had to get elsewhere a bit more expensive but meh. I also had another brand cancel order on me too.