Anyone one else not "feeling it" anymore??

Rachiem, have you considered having a break from bags for a while and instead hankering after other things? What about diamond jewelry or a Pandora bracelet......

Diamonds are another of my lovesss!!
Have taken a break from those for a while too!!
Booking holidays is another....so the list goes on!
I might take a break from the bags for a while though and see if I can really enjoy the ones I have.
I've really enjoyed everyone's views...I probably wouldn't spend so much on a bag if I physically had to hand the cash over, credit cards are just too easy sometimes.

Ah, good to see that you've got diamonds under control!

I think you are right to take time out to enjoy the lovely bags you already own. Maybe if you can wait until next season to buy anything then the lust and the enjoyment will come bouncing back!

Diamonds are another of my lovesss!!
Have taken a break from those for a while too!!
Booking holidays is another....so the list goes on!
I might take a break from the bags for a while though and see if I can really enjoy the ones I have.
I've really enjoyed everyone's views...I probably wouldn't spend so much on a bag if I physically had to hand the cash over, credit cards are just too easy sometimes.

Interesting point Rachie. If we all had one of those pots you had to break to get the money out then went to the shop with £700 in our pocket would we actually buy a handbag?

I don't buy my bags on credit cards, I save for them and the money stays in my bank acct so still use a card to pay for them but I still think it would be different if I physically had the cash in my hand.

^^^ It is also rather scary how quickly it becomes "normal" to pay £300-£500 for a bag. In the beginning I was really excited to have a couple of very expensive designer bags and now I have many and it really doesn't feel that great. I mean, I do love my bags, but I don't get excited about having 15 Mulberrys in my closet. So for me, it is definitely the chase that is exciting, and therefore, I really intend to stick to my one in one out policy.

I totally agree with this.....

Also, in the last couple of years I have totally 'gorged' myself on bags.
Now that i have amassed so many, i frankly feel a bit 'full'.
I remember when i thought £100 was a huge amount of money for a bag, now i think £500 is fine!
I haven't lost the love for Mulberry but i'm trying so hard not to buy anything else.
I have so many bags that I never really use, as i have sooooo many, it would be stupid to buy anymore.
For me, if a bag catches my eye then i get totally obsessed with it. Telling myself it would so great with this and that. And can totally rationalise (to myself) the fact that i need it.
When i get it i totally love it for the first few days then i get bored again and start thinking about the next fix (bag).
After every purchase i tell myself, this was the last one........... yeah, right!! :P

I read an article recently about heels and why some women find them comfortable and why some can't wear them at all.

You had to sit on a chair and raise one leg out in front and depending on what angle it was at determined whether you were a heels gal or a flatties gal, there was also a further calculation on what heel height you would find most comfortable.

I did it and am definitely a heel gal.

I read an article recently about heels and why some women find them comfortable and why some can't wear them at all.

You had to sit on a chair and raise one leg out in front and depending on what angle it was at determined whether you were a heels gal or a flatties gal, there was also a further calculation on what heel height you would find most comfortable.

I did it and am definitely a heel gal.

Was it this one? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1243726/They-neednt-flat--Our-guide-to-ideal-heel.html

It's amazing how correct it was. It says 10 - 11cm is correct for me, and I could not agree more. When I use taller shoes, I gets tired much faster. But with 10-11 I can go on forever.

My best friend and I are hopeless in heels and have suggested someone ought to bring out high heels with little stabilisers attached for idiots like us! :biggrin:

I can't believe how many of you are echoing exactly what I've been feeling! I've gone into detail elsewhere but have basically just rehomed most of my collection. It wasn't that big to begin with really but it's now titchy - three bags and a purse - and I feel happier with my bags than I have done for years. Everything has a use and two have great sentimental value, too.
Limitededition, ita about the holiday thing - bags don't last forever, however amazing the quality, timeless the style (and all the other things we tell ourselves to justify our purchases!), but memories do. When we're back on our feet I want to spend any extra money on experiences, and do things with the people I love. I'll treasure those memories far more than any bag I've ever owned.

This thread could've been written for me - I've found lately that I've enjoyed 'the hunt' more than 'the kill' - so much so, I've been 'hunting' for my friend instead. I'm getting the same buzz, but I won't get the guilt etc afterwards. Shows I'm not necessarily buying mine for the right reason iykwim.

Having said that, I still can't bear to part with any of my collection at the moment, though I know I ought to sell some of the bags I hardly ever use. Perhaps we ought to bring back the 'disenabling' thread we used to have?