Anyone noticed lots of people with no history bidding/buying then not paying?

I'm seriously about to close my whole account. eBay seems to flooded with new accounts - people who have bought one item (for like $1) to obviously get feedback, then they bid on your items and refuse to pay. Yes I've opened unpaid item disputes, yes I've got refunds but the time wasted when you need to sell things quickly and the hassle is infuriating.

I'm noticing it more and more. Anybody else?

The last two items I sold (lv bag and Burberry bag) have both been stuffed around and now the Burberry bag has a bid AGAIN from someone with just one item purchased again. Almost 100% sure the same thing will happen. I'm tempted to just cancel it and give up.

Why do they do this? It's obvious the system doesn't work. I'm about to completely lose my %#€£ over this. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I stopped having auctions years ago. Now everything is BIN with immediate payment required. Problem solved. Even in cases where I accept an offer and the buyer doesn't have to pay immediately, they have always paid.

ETA: Many of my buyers have zero or low feedback too.

Yeah I changed them all to BIN and immediate pay. They just aren't selling though. Loads of watchers but painfully slow to actually buy. I think they just wait until you're over it and drop the price right down.

This happened to me twice for the same item. Buyers with no feedback and recently joined EBay have "purchased" my item and then request my contact information and to reach me outside of eBay to ask for my PayPal email. I respond my telling them to use the invoice eBay sent them to pay the bill

Reactions: PewPew
This happened to me twice for the same item. Buyers with no feedback and recently joined EBay have "purchased" my item and then request my contact information and to reach me outside of eBay to ask for my PayPal email. I respond my telling them to use the invoice eBay sent them to pay the bill

Are they also asking that you discount the price if they bypass the eBay invoice and pay directly through Paypal? If not, unless I am missing something, there is nothing in it for them so I am wondering why they would do this.

Are they also asking that you discount the price if they bypass the eBay invoice and pay directly through Paypal? If not, unless I am missing something, there is nothing in it for them so I am wondering why they would do this.
Many are scams where the buyer will as for the paypal email address and send a receipt that looks like it came from Paypal telling the seller that payment has been made, shipment can be done and funds will be released once tracking is provided.

But it's a spoof email from paypal, there's no payment for seller and "buyer" gets free item.

Reactions: Catbird9
You can turn on "Buyer Restrictions" through your seller account preference; you can eliminate/block bidders with less than certain numbers of feedbacks etc. it's not perfect but better than nothing.

You can turn on "Buyer Restrictions" through your seller account preference; you can eliminate/block bidders with less than certain numbers of feedbacks etc. it's not perfect but better than nothing.
Nope, that's one type of bidder you cannot block. Ebay wants to encourage new membership plus we all started without any feedback so there's no way to block no or low feedback buyers.