Anyone notice your bags?

Numerous times while carrying my LV Batignolles Vertical I have gotten compliments. From both SA's and random people (some carrying LV themselves.) I also think its funny that for school I carry around a 3 year old pink Marc Jacobs Techno Shopper for my books and I get sooo many compliments on it. People where I go to school (as opposed to where I'm from) don't know a lot about designers or designer things so I'm thrilled when someone knows of Marc Jacobs! :amuse:

I get inquiries & compliments every time I carry my mandarin speedy, it seems to happen a lot from the guys in different Cingular kiosks. It happened to me again today & it was a Cingular guy again, he wanted to know if it was a Louis & when I said yes, he told a girl working with him "I told you so". I think I get more compliments on that bag than any of the others I own.

Actually I had an experience that SA compliment my handbag when I was shopping at Saks Fifth and guess what it wasn't a designer bag. Had you ever wondered whether they truly compliment your bag or just another sales approach from the SA.

my friends always say, "I LOVE THAT COLOUR" when I wear my Turq 05 First... and my Black City got a called, "Beautiful" today - its a bit hagged, but someone said it was beautiful!

Yes, there are two bags that have got comments and they're my Luella Giselle and just yesterday, my patent Carker. The Luella has drawn positive comments from people ranging from the chamber maid in an Ottawa hotel, a Professor of Medical Education, a man in a restaurant who wanted to get one for his wife, an eight year old girl and all my girlfriends. The Carker got glowing compliments when I went shopping yesterday from two women serving in boutiques who were both French - is that a coincidence I wonder? No negative comments to report, but then I wonder if anyone would really be brave enough to tell me that they hate my bag?! Actually, scrap that - there have been negative comments about my bags - mostly about the cost and number of them from my husband and bank manager . . . .:lecture:

It was raining compliments for my Mulberry python Roxanne this week. First, a SA at Saks who I thought had left materialized next to me in the Chanel department asking when and where I bought it! He was most impressed. Then my friend who runs the NYC store of a high end handbag/shoe brand kept oohing and aahing over it over drinks, then another friend of mine joined us and said that I had the best bag, bar none. Even my husband likes it!

Everones bags sound beautiful, no wonder you gals get so many compliments. I like finding out that so many members love coloful bags, I would love to see a turqoise Bbag in person. I would probably pester the owner about it & embarrass myself though.

I've gotten several compliments on quite a few of my Coach bags from random people. I've also gotten several from Coach SAs, but I don't really count those b/c I'm never sure how much of it is just an opening to try and sell me something!

some of my "fashion foward" friends give me compliments on my bags. Sometimes when I am shopping I get some stares from women my moms age. They sometimes give me the " nice bag" look. Last year my chemistry teacher complimented me on my Mono speedy 25(I guess she was suprised it was authentic ,its rare in my school fake bags are a epidemic)

About a month ago I was out with some girlfriends wearing my new Fendi purse. It completely made me laugh (inside) when they all started complimenting one of my friends at length on her handbag (she bought it for $15 somewhere). I liked her bag too and just realized not many people I know are into labels (which is completely fine). Right after that I was on a trip to Las Vegas and the hotel clerk complimented me immediately on my Fendi. Different area are definitely different.

It's also funny because I was carrying a Prada purse for most of the winter last year. When I went to see "The Devil Wears Prada" with my sister, she commented that she would like to own some Prada at some point in her life. The funny thing is that she has seen my purse a million times and has never noticed it's a Prada. Oh well, I like being able to carry what I want, enjoy the great quality, and not have people giving me grief about the cost of the bag. (I have many super duper frugal friends and family. The only person who knows how much my bags cost is my husband.... and that's the way it will always be.)

Yesterday at work I had my new balenciaga first in emerald. An older woman and I were walking in and she made a comment on how I have so many different bags. I just said, yes this is my new purchase, she just said yes, thats "cute". All I could think to myself was, my new $1000 bag and its "cute"? Then she went on how "my daughter has a green bag too, but gave it to her sister". If she only knew how much I paid for it she would of thought I was nuts! LOL

Which goes to show you that in the real world, most people don't notice your handbags unless you are holding them while you are naked.

Now, I notice all handbags out there, and I compliment strangers when I see what I like. 99% of them smile and say, "thanks"!!!

Sorry for the second post, but I seem to have the reputation for being the "handbag queen" at our office, so all the girls notice if I am wearing something different, and I usually change out 3 to 4 times a week. But people place great importance on different things. I like handbags. I think they are important. I offered to give one of my co-workers who was looking for a black handbag my Maxx that I only wore about 5 times (oooh, the leather was sooo soft), and she said....."No thanks, because I just buy my bags at Walmart. If I spend more than $15.00, I just don't feel right. Besides, I'd never wear yours because it is soooo expensive". I paid $100 for it. But, that is my degree of importance. :yes: