Anyone NOT like outlet shopping?

i'm glad someone decided to post this as a thread...I'm really bummed about the outlets right now...I just hit my "local" outlet (3 1/2 hrs. away) when I was in the neighborhood for other reasons, and I didn't find anything I couldn't live without. I was really disappointed and was thinking ... "not gonna bother with this any more"...most were factory bags, and some other things, but nothing that caught my eye. There were LOTS of Clay Legacy bags/wallets, and they were SO banged up. I really got turned off to the Clay color just because of that. I did find a ponytail scarf for 16.99 that obviously was a return, because there was only one and it was an old style (flowers w/the bee). I think I prefer to buy during the PCE events or at a department store and get what I REALLY want!! Now, if one were within 30 min. of me, I would go more often to see what they have, but I won't make a special trip for now!:nogood:

I don't really enjoy going to the outlets as much as the boutiques - even though my first Coach bag was from an outlet experience and I've gotten a couple of cute things. The outlet isn't that far from my house and its on the coast so that is kind of fun, but it's not very well maintained compared to the boutiques and I feel like there's just all these crazy people trying to get in there, which makes it mentally exhausting.

Maybe its because my closest outlet is in a really tiny town, but I've never found it to be busy and things are very rarely messy or unorganized. They keep about 2 bags out on the floor and have always brought me out a couple from the back to pick from.

You can't ever be sure of whats going to be there, of course, but I kind of like that. I'm big on the hunt :smile:

Last time I was in there I passed up a small ergo hobo in turquoise and I'm really regretting it... sigh.

I went today to the outlet in Lebanon, TN and I don't like it so much... Everything looks very old there and the prices are not good. For example, a swingpack there is $99.00 from a very old collection and I bought a Signature Stripe in Sept-Oct in Macy's for $88.00...
I just bought today two keychains, a charm and a hat and a belt for my husband.

I'm a bargain shopper at heart so I love a good outlet challenge. It's definately hit or miss but if you go into with that mindset you'll be fine. I've found some real treasures especially last summer (and trust me I hit outlets from PA to FL!) but lately it's been a whole lotta nothing.

I live about 45 mins from the woodbury outlets, i like the outlet but they are almost always crowded even when its not christmas, I am not a crowd person! also not a fan of the "new" thing... waiting online OUTSIDE of the store forget it! i won't go to that store than.. at woodbury they only let 10-15 ppl in some of the store like ugg and coach! I want to go in look around and buy! no waiting!!!!!! so i am disliking outlets more and more!

I went today to the outlet in Lebanon, TN and I don't like it so much... Everything looks very old there and the prices are not good. For example, a swingpack there is $99.00 from a very old collection and I bought a Signature Stripe in Sept-Oct in Macy's for $88.00...
I just bought today two keychains, a charm and a hat and a belt for my husband.

I've been to that outlet twice on my travels across the country and the first time I found a Legacy striped wristlet and the second time just some trinkets.

Since I am low on money right now I find myself going to the outlets more than the boutiques... I do believe it is a completely different experience though

I would have to admit that I like to buy newer bags so I like to go to the outlet for accessories mostly.... Like right now Im eyeing the heart legacy key ring and its only like $24... itll be mine this weekend!

I do have to admit that some of the things at the outlet are ugly, but some of the things are such a find!!

I think my problem is that I am frequenting the outlets too often...

I liked it a lot better in Hawaii... they had a better selection than the one here does. I use the outlet for presents mainly, and charms, keychains, scarves, wristlets, etc. I think I've only bought one purse from there for myself. I scored some awesome gloves there for only $20 on Black Friday.

I didn't really shop at the boutique either though, mainly because of the mark up in Hawaii. It was mostly ebay, exchanges, or outlets for my Coach.

The outlets definitely have their moments. I'm sort of done with them for now, but I found some great deals like my large Ergo Turquoise tote, my denim signature stripe accordion zip-around wallet, and last year's Patchwork Shoulder Tote (which I wanted forever and scored for $149 at the Tilton NH outlet!).

My outlet isn't that great either. Mostly all they get is factory made bags and you end up seeing a ton of those on ebay for re-sale and it makes me not even want them. The few things they get in from the boutiques go really fast I think. I am giving up on the outlet for now-I haven't gotten anything good the last 4 times I've been there. But it is good for small stuff- I got a nice plain black leather wallet, most of my keyfobs and scarves there and it's much cheaper. Oh and my outlet is loaded with mini-sig which I can't stand. That little pattern is annoying. Just MHO.