Anyone not happy with Coach Factory specials?

Jan 25, 2009
I ordered for the first time from the Factory Outlet offer. I love the Sopia and wanted a mahogony one; they had it, so I ordered. It came quickly, but I am not happy with it. I usually buy from Coach stores and not from the Outlets, and I see why. It looks almost fake. It has the word Coach in script instead of the usual Coach insigia. The lining is the same dark color as the bag, so no contrast, and the lining seems flimsy. I have looked at it for three days, but it doesn't thrill me. The leather is good--no problems there. But---just blah about it.
Anyone else order from the Factory invite Sale and feel this way or similar?

panera

Not sure I saw the Sophia in mahogany during the last online sale. What you are describing, sounds like an Ashley. If so, the Ashley is the made for factory version of the Sabrina. And can be bought at the outlets as well as the online sale. While the Ashley is not quite a Sabrina in terms of quality, I have been happy with mine. The leather is nice and I agree, the lining not as pretty, but it works for the price. I don't carry it much, as I do prefer the Sophia style over it. If you are not happy with it, I'd definitely return it.

Not sure I saw the Sophia in mahogany during the last online sale. What you are describing, sounds like an Ashley. If so, the Ashley is the made for factory version of the Sabrina. And can be bought at the outlets as well as the online sale. While the Ashley is not quite a Sabrina in terms of quality, I have been happy with mine. The leather is nice and I agree, the lining not as pretty, but it works for the price. I don't carry it much, as I do prefer the Sophia style over it. If you are not happy with it, I'd definitely return it.

I think the one I wanted was the Sophia, and I got Ashley--too many names. My favorite and first choice is Maggie, so I should have waited to see if I could find her in mahogony. I sometimes get too delighted with the sale and forget to think about what I like to see in my Coach products. I basically don't like outlets because there handbags are not made as carefully. The old saying, "You get what you pay for" is usually true. The sale was too good to be true. Oh well, next time I'll know.
Thanks for getting me straight.
panera

I have gotten very nice things at the Factory stores, but then I was able to see them in person before I bought them. Some of the Factory items have blah linings but not all. I've never had a problem with the workmanship. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. That is why I am always afraid to order without seeing them first. If you got an Ashley instead of a Sophia, I can understand being disappointed; I don't like the Ashley. I get the names mixed up too - usually Sophia and Sabrina.

I ordered a Mushroom Kristin East West Tote (16814) from the factory sale and it was very good quality. I am very happy with it. I'm sorry you were disappointed. :sad:

Not sure about the whole sophia made for outlet.. that is new to me!
There is a factory verison of the sabrina which is called ashley and it has a script on the front unlike the sabrina.

I ordered for the first time from the Factory Outlet offer. I love the Sopia and wanted a mahogony one; they had it, so I ordered. It came quickly, but I am not happy with it. I usually buy from Coach stores and not from the Outlets, and I see why. It looks almost fake. It has the word Coach in script instead of the usual Coach insigia. The lining is the same dark color as the bag, so no contrast, and the lining seems flimsy. I have looked at it for three days, but it doesn't thrill me. The leather is good--no problems there. But---just blah about it.
Anyone else order from the Factory invite Sale and feel this way or similar?

panera

Maybe you meant Sabrina (full price bag from 2 years ago) which is what the Ashley (what you bought) looks likes.
But yes I know what you mean. I've tried to like factory bags but they really aren't the same as boutique bags. To me, they look cheap and some even tacky. The silver hardware they use on most bags cheapens the look. I also agree that the coach script logo isn't as nice as the ones on Madison bags. They don't have that more luxurious look that boutique bags have.

I bought an Ashley carryall a few months ago & I am very happy with it! The leather is lovely & soft & the lining is nice as well. I think it can be hit & miss though. There are definitely some outlet bags that I think look cheap & poor quality. But I love my Ashley carryall & I also have an outlet Zoe that it is top quality as well!

I bought an Ashley carryall a few months ago & I am very happy with it! The leather is lovely & soft & the lining is nice as well. I think it can be hit & miss though. There are definitely some outlet bags that I think look cheap & poor quality. But I love my Ashley carryall & I also have an outlet Zoe that it is top quality as well!

Me too! I bought an Ashley last week and I just love it. The lining is lovely also. Purty purple and satiny soft.

I have not had any issues with any outlet bags. I can't tell the difference in quality. The logo is the only way I can tell it's an outlet bag.

The only quality issues I have had with a Coach bag have been with my boutique bag. I have actually had it repaired once and it is now coming apart again. I have another bag that is from the outlet and it is still in amazing condition. And I asked for 2 bags for Christmas- both outlet bags. I can see why you'd be disappointed if you thought you bought a Sophia and you really bought an Ashley, but I disagree that the outlet quality is lesser.

I have an outlet bag that is over two years old and looks brand new. I'm also hard on my bags. The thing I like about mff is that you don't worry so much about wrecking your purse when it only cost 100$ or less. I'm a lot more careful with the $300 one. Plus, you can buy more for the same price. One item I do think is way better in mff are wallets. I can't justify $230+ for a wallet but I can $100 or less. I'm also not a big fan of the coach script. I think it looks a little childish. But my sister likes it. So to each their own!

I shop at the outlet and have gotten some great things before. I have yet to go to the outlet online (didn't take advantage of the first few invites and now they stop sending them). Do they not show you the interior of the bag like fp site does?

I just bought the Ashley suede mahogany perforated and at $125 during the recent online sale, it's a pretty bag. I've never owned one of the full priced versions so I can't compare, but I'm happy with the Ashley at that price point. I haven't had any problems with the factory bags I have.

I have 3 Ashleys (soon to be 4 when the red patent gets released to the outlets!) and I like them all. I think the leather and styling are very good for the price point, and I do like rolled handles a lot. I have an MFF Zoe in leather that is luscious, as well. However, I did not care for the Brooke or Alexandra MFF versions, the leather was noticeably thinner and the colors/styling details didn't tempt me.

Not very fond of the MFF signature bags - I only bought a tote this past summer and the suede trim did not hold up well.

I do like a lot of the MFF accessories, and some of the patterns they produce for MFF are really cute. I'm liking the new 3 color Sig in burgundy/gold for a few small accessories.