anyone lose interest in Pandora? Regrets?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Last year I started 2 Pandora bracelets. One was to be all 2 tone charms. The other was to be all silver. I probably have 7 charms and 2 clips on each. Then I lost interest. Can't decide if I should invest more money in trying to complete them or just leave as is. Does anyone here regret spending so much on Pandora charms? Do you think people will still be wearing these bracelets in 5-10 years? Thanks so much for opinions!

Suzie

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
The land of Oz
I can't really help as I never got into the Pandora frenzy. A few of my friends did, but they seem to be everywhere.
Obviously they are very popular so I guess it is just how you feel about the bracelets.

Blossy

Dec 30, 2012
Australia
Pandora has been around for something like 20+ years as far as I know, so I don't see them disappearing any time soon.

I still really like my bracelet but I guess I've lost interest a little. The issue for me is that it costs SO much and you get so little for it... my alternating gold and two tone has cost nearly $2500 and it's not finished yet... I keep thinking I could have bought a Cartier Baby Love necklace and several Tiffany bracelets for that! The cost makes me unlikely to start a second bracelet because I'll never be able to spend money on other jewellery pieces if I do.

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
There are 3 charms I really like. And I'm wondering if I should purchase while I have the funds. There are 2 two-tone ones, the "family forever" and "pandora box" and the dove dangle in silver of the new Valentine collection. Maybe I'll visit in person this weekend.

Omgwhyy

Nov 2, 2012
In a boarder town near USA
I love pandora and then I lost interest because of how much each charm cost and I figured it will take me forever to complete one. But then the SS13 collection is coming out and I fell in love again.

Suzie

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
The land of Oz
Pandora has been around for something like 20+ years as far as I know, so I don't see them disappearing any time soon.

I still really like my bracelet but I guess I've lost interest a little. The issue for me is that it costs SO much and you get so little for it... my alternating gold and two tone has cost nearly $2500 and it's not finished yet... I keep thinking I could have bought a Cartier Baby Love necklace and several Tiffany bracelets for that! The cost makes me unlikely to start a second bracelet because I'll never be able to spend money on other jewellery pieces if I do.
Really has it been around that long? I have only heard about it in the last 4-5 years and then to me it became like Swatch watches, everyone had one!

Harpertoo

Feb 5, 2013
Europe
I guess I'm not a sentimental person when it comes to stuff. (I realized I'm mostly fond of my family jewelry because it's great quality.) If you love the charms and the bracelets keep going. If you are just feeling like you should keep buying because you've spent a lot already, I'd put it away for a while and reacess in a month or so.

I sort of thought these bracelets were inexpensive. I didn't realize you could spend $2500. (Not that I/we can't spend that easily on shoes that get far less wear.)
I have no doubt that if Pandora went away tomorrow there would still be a robust secondary market to buy the charms.

redskynight

Sep 10, 2012
Canada
I used to have trollbeads which is pretty much the same as pandora and I got bored of it as well, and sold all the charms. I had all sterling charms and it was getting crazy expensive for what it was. I wish I'd bought a nice gold bracelet instead.

Blossy

Dec 30, 2012
Australia
Really has it been around that long? I have only heard about it in the last 4-5 years and then to me it became like Swatch watches, everyone had one!
The company started in 1982. I don't think it took off here (I'm in Australia) until maybe 5 years ago.

Machick333

O.G.
Jul 23, 2009
i started one... only bought 4 chaarms and some "stoppers" then got over it.... but that is somewhat typical of me. the problem is now i just have a bracelet that is sitting around .... i dont like having unworn things at home... a pet peeve lol

ShimmerDreamz

Feb 19, 2012
UK
Not a great big fan of charm bracelets, and by extension, Pandora.

Do have a silver charm bracelet with the basic charms which came with it (a few spacer beads, crystal beads, silver beads and central heart) but have no intention of adding anything else to it - I tried and hated the non-symmetry, extra weight, cumbersome nature and non-uniform look.

I think charm bracelets could be a great memory keeper, but only for really special events and only added to occasionally. When you rationalize that that so and so bead is significant for so and so reason just for the sake of buying another one and 'completing' a bracelet, I think the beads lose their special meanings and their value. Then in that case, it'd be better to buy something like a love bracelet.

Caz71

Oct 1, 2012
Melbourne Australia
I have a petite lovekinks bracelet. I was obsessed and wore all the time. Seldomly wear it now. I have a few Pandora rings which I wear and for valentines got a paved heart and.matching earrings. I may have reconnected with Pandora cos I forgot how cute their rings were! Heaps cheaper than my obsession with &Co!!