Anyone looking for a black GGH work? Barneys BH stock (partial)

balihai88

O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
ahertz and I went to Barneys BH today and saw *the* most amazing, squishiest, puddliest, scrumptious black GGH work. Hands-down, the most amazing Bal leather on a brand new bag that I've ever seen, almost broken-in but the bag was definitely brand new. Had all the tags/cards. Someone please get it or it's going to haunt me!

I also remember seeing (not a comprehensive list, sorry this is from memory):
- ruby RH work, RH first, RH day, GSH PT, GSH envelope clutch
- a few styles in saddle GGH
- a few styles in coral GGH
- a couple charbon RH bags
- a bunch of amethyst bags
- a couple bouton d'or bags
- a few styles in argent (including pom pom)
- a few styles in anthra GSH
- a couple styles in marine (GH)

Oh, and we saw Cameron Diaz shopping in the handbag section! She was with a stylist or friend. Paparazzi were outside. She looked cute.

^ Hi H! I didn't get anything, unfortunately....still haven't found that money tree, dammit. Next week's US Weekly may have a pic of "Cameron Diaz shopping in Beverly Hills" with me fondling bags in the background :sneaky:

^^ hee hee...I was trying so hard not to stare I don't even know what type of bag Cameron was trying. But she did have on a super-cute scarf.

Balihai isn't joking, though. The bag GGH work we saw was seriously the nicest, smooshiest bag I've ever seen IRL.

They also had the f/w green color that I can't remember the name of and looks exactly like pine to me.

i saw the black work the other day...ot was beautiful. They had some great perforated saphire bags as well. i work next door at saks and go over on my lunch hour and stare at bags...Oh, and due to merchandising standards they always have more bbags not on the floor!

ahertz and I went to Barneys BH today and saw *the* most amazing, squishiest, puddliest, scrumptious black GGH work. Hands-down, the most amazing Bal leather on a brand new bag that I've ever seen, almost broken-in but the bag was definitely brand new. Had all the tags/cards. Someone please get it or it's going to haunt me!

I also remember seeing (not a comprehensive list, sorry this is from memory):
- ruby RH work, RH first, RH day, GSH PT, GSH envelope clutch
- a few styles in saddle GGH
- a few styles in coral GGH
- a couple charbon RH bags
- a bunch of amethyst bags
- a couple bouton d'or bags
- a few styles in argent (including pom pom)
- a few styles in anthra GSH
- a couple styles in marine (GH)

Oh, and we saw Cameron Diaz shopping in the handbag section! She was with a stylist or friend. Paparazzi were outside. She looked cute.

Oooooooh, oooooooh, oooooooh ... they still had some Bouton d'Or bags?!?! What kind? I still really want that color, but I just didn't find one that had the type of leather I like. Do you remember if they had a City with the regular hardware; or a Part-Time?

I'll be out in LA-LA land towards the end of September (23-25) and BNY is most definitely on the shopping list! :drool::yahoo:

Arrrrgggghhh Cameron Diaz ... she was dating my dreamboat for a bit; wonder who broke up with whom? HA! :nuts::roflmfao:

I lifted this from the LV forum - could it be Cam at Barneys?

attachment.php

I was in search of a GGH black work... I had my mind set on waiting until the next season cause every black work I saw I wasn't happy with the leather.
Now you are getting me super excited..:nuts::nuts: was the leather thick also?
Oh I think I'm getting on the phone first thing tomorrow morning..

bt, she must shop there a lot because I recall her wearing some kind of white top with jeans and a scarf when we saw her. Plus the girl in the background is neither me nor ahertz, lol!

cherub, the black work was AMAZING. It was thick and chewy and soft like lambskin. I hope you get it, you will love it!

^^ Yes Cameron was wearing a white tee and a very cool orangey scarf. There should be pix out there somewhere...there certainly was enough paparazzi! BUT, that totally looks like Barneys!

balihai88 & ahertz, need your help!!!
So I called Barneys and the SA I spoke to, Jennifer, sent me these pics. She said they had 3 works in stock so couldn't figure out if this one was the one you guys saw.. It's kinda hard to tell the leather quality on this cell phone pics but do you think you can identify them? She did say that this was the one on display, so this is probably it.

Thanks so much.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
^ cherub, hard to say exactly because the pics are kinda small but I think that's the one! If it is you're going to love it!! I didn't look that carefully but I don't remember seeing that many GGH black works out on display.