Anyone live in London??

I've always been fascinated with life in London ever since I read Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic novels!! Does anyone on here live there and what's it like?? To me it seems more glamorous and elegant than here in the US but is that true??

I read Shopaholic novels a year before heading to london... Right, it might be all glam slam and stuff, but at weekends, the tubes are chock full, everybody's annoyed with each other, and we're actually at each others throats!!
Well, living in south london has kinda taken away the stress of city life..but i must say that home (singapore) is still where my heart is at!

he he, I live just outside Central London, its a tough one to call. Yes I am biased, but it is a fabulous place to live BUT I could never live there without being able to have somewhere to retreat to at the weekends, its noisy, very bustly, and house sizes are tiny and gardens rarer than hens teeth!!!

prices are unbelievable, you would not believe what you can get for your money (ie, nothing!!!!!) but its nice to have the luxury of being just outside London with easy access, but have some space and air!!!

Shops and restaurants are lovely tho ;)

I think its like anywhere else, good, bad and ugly :biggrin:

my DH is relocated to London as his family business just opened an office there and he's gonna run it.. so i'm very excited, we go to london every year for couple of months, LOVE IT!.. all the SHOPPING, restaurant and the weather compared to the middle east is heaven!!

I've been going to london for as long as i can remember so i can say its true what chloe-babe said.. money is basically worthless in london.. no matter how much u take with you.. it aint enough!!!

To live luxuriously in london u simply have to have unlimited funds!

I lived in London and to be honest if my fiancee ever agreed I would move back there in a second! But it is true that to enjoy it most I think, you should not have children and you must live in the center and have money.

Ecxellent resturants but expensive...in the sense that to eat in a restaurant where the chef has a Michelin star then you need over $300. There are cheaper choices ofcourse that are also nice.

There is always sth happening in London!

The shops are in every way fantastic!

Transportation is extremely easy for a city as big as London!

Ok, yes I love London and I do find it stylish and elegant ! If I do not visit once a year I m depressed!

I live 20 miles outside London in the country, would never ever live in London. Trains are awful, so is the pollution. The shops are brilliant so are restrautants but thats it really. It takes me an hour to get into London so can do my shopping then come back to peace and quiet

just got back last night from a trip to london...

and, good lord, i could never live there. gave me a headache. but i would love to go back by myself one time and go outside of the city.

(and i just checked my bank account...holy crap...exchange rate freaking sucks...london isn't cheap!)