Anyone like these bags?

I don't own either one of them but I had seen both of them in person. They are both gorgeous. The details are subtle and yet interesting. If I do not already have two dark colored cuirs, I will have bought that black cuir. The same for the Amazone, I will have purchased it if it came in a small. This size is the extra small. A very spacious size though. The end season sale is approaching and both bags will be on sale. For the Amazone, it is already on sale at some of the department stores. Do check the "deals" thread. I personally find no faults with Longchamp's leather quality and strongly recommend you to give either or both a try.

Reactions: cheidel
As @frenziedhandbag has advised, you should go for the sale - it has already started in my home country here too. In terms of which bag to go for, both are of different sizes. The Small Cuir (in your top pic) will serve you well because it is light in terms of weight, can hold quite a lot while still looking small and can be used crossbody (unlike the LP that you currently have). The Cuir is a bag that you can take from day to night and the one in your pic has such pretty details, it will be a standout of a black bag :biggrin:

The XS Amazone in your bottom pic is a much smaller bag. Do you carry a lot on a day to day basis? Then this XS may not be the right size for you.

I have a few Small Cuirs and a couple of Amazones (size S and M). I think the XS Amazone would be too small for me.

I don't own either one of them but I had seen both of them in person. They are both gorgeous. The details are subtle and yet interesting. If I do not already have two dark colored cuirs, I will have bought that black cuir. The same for the Amazone, I will have purchased it if it came in a small. This size is the extra small. A very spacious size though. The end season sale is approaching and both bags will be on sale. For the Amazone, it is already on sale at some of the department stores. Do check the "deals" thread. I personally find no faults with Longchamp's leather quality and strongly recommend you to give either or both a try.

Thanks for the helpful insight, it’s much appreciated. I can’t believe it’s on sale already but I’m in the UK and some sales have only just started. Must stalk it lol. I do love their leather, it’s extra soft isn’t it. I wasn’t sure if this size was mini or small when I saw it in the store and I didn’t hang around to see because the SA was a bit forceful and it put me off.

As @frenziedhandbag has advised, you should go for the sale - it has already started in my home country here too. In terms of which bag to go for, both are of different sizes. The Small Cuir (in your top pic) will serve you well because it is light in terms of weight, can hold quite a lot while still looking small and can be used crossbody (unlike the LP that you currently have). The Cuir is a bag that you can take from day to night and the one in your pic has such pretty details, it will be a standout of a black bag :biggrin:

The XS Amazone in your bottom pic is a much smaller bag. Do you carry a lot on a day to day basis? Then this XS may not be the right size for you.

I have a few Small Cuirs and a couple of Amazones (size S and M). I think the XS Amazone would be too small for me.

Thanks too for the help. Yes the cuir would be definitely more useful but maybe bigger than I need. I don’t carry much nowadays but I like a bit of space to be there just in case. It’s a shame that Amazone only comes in the mini size. I’m trying to think of it looked tiny at the time but can’t remember.

The bag will definitely stand out - it makes me more tempted for the cuir.

My choice will be made for me if only one is available in the sale :lol:

Reactions: SmokieDragon
I didn’t hang around to see .

UK sale typically starts in June but retailers might start early? You might wish to sign up for newsletter notifications on LC website? That way, you will know when sale starts. I always request to browse by myself but I will let the SA know if I need help, I will approach her. Only when you have a chance to examine the bag, try it on (preferably with your things), then you can have a good guage of how it fits with your lifestyle.

The Rocks Amazone you shared only comes in the extra small. The regular quilted leather and smooth leather versions comes in three sizes. The cuir and Amazone are very different styles. Like what @SmokieDragon shared, it depends on your intended usage for it. Good luck deciding and if you can, visit the store again to take another look. Sales items sell out fast so it might be good to decide on what you prefer in advance and then order during the sale.

UK sale typically starts in June but retailers might start early? You might wish to sign up for newsletter notifications on LC website? That way, you will know when sale starts. I always request to browse by myself but I will let the SA know if I need help, I will approach her. Only when you have a chance to examine the bag, try it on (preferably with your things), then you can have a good guage of how it fits with your lifestyle.

The Rocks Amazone you shared only comes in the extra small. The regular quilted leather and smooth leather versions comes in three sizes. The cuir and Amazone are very different styles. Like what @SmokieDragon shared, it depends on your intended usage for it. Good luck deciding and if you can, visit the store again to take another look. Sales items sell out fast so it might be good to decide on what you prefer in advance and then order during the sale.

Thanks for the heads up, I have signed up now :tup:

It’s just unfortunate that this store has very little traffic and the SA is always alone so probably wants to push a sale hard. I will go back and take another look next week :drinks: