Anyone like or dislike those MICHE bags?

CoachCatcher45

designer Addict
O.G.
May 11, 2011
Recently me and my mother acquired some MICHE bags. My mom loves hers but i don't like mine it's too small. If u have never heard of them before, they are the ones that are plain on the outside, but then u buy a shell that has magnets on it and you stick it on and your purse is pretty now. There are many different sizes big medium and small. The purse part comes in two colors brown or black. I was just wondering if any of you have one or have seen them around and what your opinion is on them.:?:

They make me :throwup::sick::yucky: I saw them at the Hallmark store inside a mall and got a hands-on feel of the bag and I couldn't believe how cheap and ugly they were. Nope I despise them. I would be pretty embarrassed to even carry these.

OMG. A "facebook friend" is a rep and I want to :sick::throwup: everytime she posts one!

Not only that, she knows that I have a healthy bag and shoe habit and she is constantly trying to get me to attend her parties and tell her what I think. It's honestly so embarrassing because I realize that it will be great for women who really just want to casually change out their bag. Especially women who aren't brand whores and really don't care what the label is on their bag.

I don't consider myself a brand whore, but I honestly DO care about design and craftmanship and I might only have one Chanel, but I love it and I baby it and sometimes I only let my husband look at it from across the room. I have ONE Chloe Paddington that I remember saving the equivalent of 15 Miche bags to get. I have multiple "high street clutches" (Jimmy Choo, Tory Burch, etc.) and I love the feel of the soft leather in my hands.

I feel bad, but I truly would never carry one of these cheap looking bags. You can get a great quality Cole Haan, Kate Spade or Michael Kors bag at DSW or TJ Maxx for the same price as two of these Miche bags and the former will last you for years.

MBKitty i actually agree with you on that. my mom is trying to get me to buy another one even though i just got rid of mine. i think they are good for older women who like the convience.

I personally don't like them for much the same reasons mentioned in the other posts. However, I think they are a GREAT idea for ladies who aren't hugely into purses but just want to have some fun, since they combine the convenience of not having to change purses but allow one to customize the look depending on what one is wearing etc. I wish someone made a nicer version! :smile:

Miche bags are EVERYWHERE in my area. There are bunch of places that sell them. Personally, I think they look cheaply made. The bag I see most women carrying is the smaller, boxy one. That would be too small for me.

well...i'll offer an alternative opinion. :smile: I LOVE my Miche bag. It's so great to be able to switch covers to match what I'm wearing. I have the "big" bag, not the smaller boxy one, which I don't love.

It's not super expensive and I realize it's not "real" leather or anything like that. But it's good for me with a two year old because I'm not going to freak out if it gets dirty. I've been using mine for a couple of months and do get a ton of compliments.

They aren't for everyone and I still have my beautiful Prada tucked safely away...but I'm paranoid to get it dirty.

I use my Miche almost like a briefcase for work. The other purses are for special occasions.

Oh, and the quality isn't that bad. Mine still look brand new even though I'm pretty hard on them.

Just thought I'd chime in. :smile: