Anyone know NM Chanel return policy for bags over 60 days?

NM has begun a 60 day return policy. I think many of the dept stores have been losing money due to the lax return policy and hence the reason for the change. I can see them making an exception once. If you think about it, it's kind of unfair to buy a bag and sit on it for months; then deciding to return when a new one catches your attention. From what I can see in the purse selling world, the interest level drops off on lots of bags within a few months of introduction. I would buy carefully.

NM has begun a 60 day return policy. I think many of the dept stores have been losing money due to the lax return policy and hence the reason for the change. I can see them making an exception once. If you think about it, it's kind of unfair to buy a bag and sit on it for months; then deciding to return when a new one catches your attention. From what I can see in the purse selling world, the interest level drops off on lots of bags within a few months of introduction. I would buy carefully.
I see how it can be unfair and will need to decide more carefully whether to buy or not. As you know there have been many TPF members citing 17B mini defects and I have already returned 1 mini (short, twisted chain) and in the process of returning another (slanted, uneven front flap corners) due to poor craftsmanship. I don't live near a NM that carries Chanel so I don't know *exactly* what the bag looks like even with pictures(poor picture angles or the bag being adjusted it to look perfect in the sent pictures). Another SA was able to locate another mini for me and it looks ok in pictures so far. But what if it's poor quality like the previous two once I inspect it? :frown:Would I be banned from returning the 3rd mini if it's defective?:confused1: I've never had to return so many Chanels in 1 month. :crybaby:

Reactions: fally
I see how it can be unfair and will need to decide more carefully whether to buy or not. As you know there have been many TPF members citing 17B mini defects and I have already returned 1 mini (short, twisted chain) and in the process of returning another (slanted, uneven front flap corners) due to poor craftsmanship. I don't live near a NM that carries Chanel so I don't know *exactly* what the bag looks like even with pictures(poor picture angles or the bag being adjusted it to look perfect in the sent pictures). Another SA was able to locate another mini for me and it looks ok in pictures so far. But what if it's poor quality like the previous two once I inspect it? :frown:Would I be banned from returning the 3rd mini if it's defective?:confused1: I've never had to return so many Chanels in 1 month. :crybaby:

I would ask for more detailed pics and explain your situation when purchasing. It's pretty easy to spot a defect within 60 days.

I would ask for more detailed pics and explain your situation when purchasing. It's pretty easy to spot a defect within 60 days.
I know it's easy to spot a defect within 60 days. That's why I've been so quick to return 2 defective minis within a month once I inspect it upon receiving it. In my personal experience I feel SAs are reluctant to take too many pics (for inspection) and would move onto the next person to make a sale. The other day a NM SA contacted me about a red mini and once I started to ask her to send pics of the front of the flap, chain measurement, if stickers/tags still attached, which country it was made, if the chain was twisted she stopped texting me. I guess she found someone else to sell the bag to?:frown::-s

I know it's easy to spot a defect within 60 days. That's why I've been so quick to return 2 defective minis within a month once I inspect it upon receiving it. In my personal experience I feel SAs are reluctant to take too many pics (for inspection) and would move onto the next person to make a sale. The other day a NM SA contacted me about a red mini and once I started to ask her to send pics of the front of the flap, chain measurement, if stickers/tags still attached, which country it was made, if the chain was twisted she stopped texting me. I guess she found someone else to sell the bag to?:frown::-s
Personally, I wouldn't ask all those questions unless it's an SA I'm familiar with. I understand your frustration with the minis (I've returned two so far from 17B myself) but depending on the SA, most of them just want to make the sale especially if it's something as high in demand as the red mini this season. If they can find someone else who can pay immediately, I don't really blame them. As long as the store has a great return policy, I would buy the bag and inspect it yourself. If there's a defect, ask for a return label. Even if the SA DOES answer all your questions, how can you be sure she's not just telling you what you want to hear? All the SA's I spoke with about the twisted chain and uneven flap issues either don't know what I'm talking about or make excuses that since they're individually handmade, to expect a little inconsistency.

Reactions: gail13
Personally, I wouldn't ask all those questions unless it's an SA I'm familiar with. I understand your frustration with the minis (I've returned two so far from 17B myself) but depending on the SA, most of them just want to make the sale especially if it's something as high in demand as the red mini this season. If they can find someone else who can pay immediately, I don't really blame them. As long as the store has a great return policy, I would buy the bag and inspect it yourself. If there's a defect, ask for a return label. Even if the SA DOES answer all your questions, how can you be sure she's not just telling you what you want to hear? All the SA's I spoke with about the twisted chain and uneven flap issues either don't know what I'm talking about or make excuses that since they're individually handmade, to expect a little inconsistency.
Isn't it so frustrating?? :cursing:I expect my Chanel bag to be held to high quality standards if I'm paying thousands of dollars of my hard earned money on them. I'm just worried if the 3rd mini being sent to me also has those defects would NM ban me from returning it?:wtf:

Reactions: shast911
I think NM do keep a record of what you have returned. I personally would sit this season out if this is causing you stress. I was on the waitlist for 2 months for the navy mini but decided to pass when my boutique SA finally called after reading up all the potential issues. There will always be other minis!

Reactions: bklner2014
Not defending "bad" SA behavior, as I am all too aware that there are a few rotten grapes in the bunch, I have heard from multiple (and reputable) Chanel SAs, both at Boutiques and multi-retailer stores, that sending numerous photos is strongly discouraged by Chanel corporate. A Saks Fifth Avenue SA I had purchased a few items from over-the-phone claimed she was only allowed to send 2 photos per handbag, SLG, etc. I am not sure if that is a true statement. I would imagine there are exceptions to every "rule". FWIW: when shopping in-person at both of the Beverly Hills Boutiques, personal photographs are not allowed.

I do understand why an SA might not send more than a few photos, and it is often beyond just a desire to make a sale to the next customer. Chanel SAs receive many calls from "customers" that they have never met. Once these photos are received by the so-called "customer", too many scammers are using these photos to "advertise" fake or non-existent Chanel merchandise on Instagram or eBay. [This is why I encourage ALL to watermark their photos before posting to any form of social media, especially TPF.]

Lastly, the Chanel mini flap bags, despite the small fortune Chanel is asking, have in the last few years simply not matched the quality of the larger iconic double-flap classic flap bags. Both the leather and the straps are of a lower quality. One would expect Chanel to maintain its quality across its entire collection. Sadly, that is not the case, certainly not in the last few years.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure about NM but I did return an unused Chanel bag to Saks (who also has a 60-day return policy) about three months after purchasing it. Perhaps contact the SA, explain your situation, and see if an exception can be made. Good luck!

Hello Would you mind sharing the backside of your previous returned two minis if you still have them? I just found mine left side quilted does not match well.....
wechat-image_20170819013119-jpg.3799471

I did it before. I went nuts and bought like 6 bags within 2 months. So when I returned one after 4 months they took it back. No questions asked actually. I think they won't give you a hard time if it's still brand new and untouched. Good luck!

Reactions: bluesky88333

Wishing you luck with the third piece that is being sent to you. Hope it's in perfect condition. I completely agree with the statement that you made regarding the way an SA will take a pic to manipulate the angle of the item. I had to return the dark beige mini from the BG SA because she did just that. When I texted the pic to other SA's asking if they had this item in stock they all insisted that they could not see the skewed flap. One did say that she noticed it today but it was slightly uneven and I should've have kept the item and simply sent it to Paris to be fixed. I don't think I need to purchase a new mini and having not wear it at all send it out to be fixed. SA's say the darndest things. LOL

Reactions: TheAnaVega
Wishing you luck with the third piece that is being sent to you. Hope it's in perfect condition. I completely agree with the statement that you made regarding the way an SA will take a pic to manipulate the angle of the item. I had to return the dark beige mini from the BG SA because she did just that. When I texted the pic to other SA's asking if they had this item in stock they all insisted that they could not see the skewed flap. One did say that she noticed it today but it was slightly uneven and I should've have kept the item and simply sent it to Paris to be fixed. I don't think I need to purchase a new mini and having not wear it at all send it out to be fixed. SA's say the darndest things. LOL

It's like listening to a used car salesman "it's just a little bit of frame damage! But the cars basically new! Look how pretty the color is!"

Reactions: fally