Anyone know if Coach made Ali's for their factory stores?

ela1235

May 14, 2007
Bought one on ebay that was described to be the store version and it's much smaller than stated in the auction and the original store version. I'm so disappointed and praying I get a refund. Not sure if it's a fake or one that was made for the outlets.

Any ideas?

Yes there were factory only Ali bags made... someone posted a patchwork one just this weekend... I don't know that they made different sizes though... Does the creed have an F in front of the style number? That indicates a factory only bag.

The patchwork ones were actually released in Japan only before coming to the outlets in the US. I don't know if there are MFF Alis or not, but if it is one, then there should be an F in front of the style #, like Justinsgirl said. Perhaps, you should post pics in the Authenticate This thread for the experts to weigh in on.

There are two sizes of Ali bags. They are fairly close in size, but you can tell them apart by looking at the straps. The larger one has two - a crossbody and a shoulder strap. The smaller one has only the shoulder strap.

Or did you get an Ali pouch?

The smaller 2006 Legacy Bag that looked like the Ali was the Legacy Slim Flap. The opening was smaller, in addition to it being smaller in size.

The outlet Ali's have signature fabric. The 2006 collection has legacy stripe lining.

AFAIK, I don't think there are any MFF Ali. The patchwork Ali was JP exclusive and sold in some Asian countries (Malaysia being one of them so I know). Here are the style numbers for the patchwork Ali line:

JP Small Ali Patchwork Hobo - shoulder strap only - Style #13649
JP Medium Ali Patchwork Hobo - shoulder and crossbody straps - Style #13709
JP Large Ali Patchwork Hobo - shoulder and crossbody straps - Style #13651

HTH! ;)