Anyone in Australia willing to help?

Agentspades

Apr 3, 2014
I posted a while back about a Givenchy bag that I sold to a buyer in Australia. The buyer ended up opening an inr case because she didn't want to pay the taxes on her end. Thankfully I won the case. I just looked at the tracking info again and it still says that it's in customs, it's been there since April 29th!! If anyone in Australia is willing to call customs and just see why the bag is still there I'd be forever in your favor. The tracking number is ei732412877us.

Hi Agentspades, I tried to find out some further information for you. The standard procedure is the bag is held for a month onwards or so and 3 letters sent to the buyer. If duty is not paid the item will be returned.

I asked why it had been over two months...

They said the buyer needs to call Australia Post with all the information and request to have it sent back to you. As there may be an information gap with the buyer not being helpful and communicating....

...They said you can send an inquiry via United States Postal Service to put an inquiry of the item that is with Australia Post as an investigation from your end - therefore as the sender you can have further control and information if the addressee is not cooperating.

I hope that helps and you get your bag back!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm going to the post office today so I will see what they can do. It makes no sense since the buyer already lost the case so for her to just leave the bag in customs is not very smart.

No worries, good luck! I once sent a parcel to New York and I think I had the suite wrong by a couple numbers, I was absolutely freaking out and it was in the middle of the night so I couldn't call the post office, I couldn't make any sense of the postal address but I knew I had a couple digits wrong. I posted on a forum and asked someone in NY to please help me understand the postal address and if there was a chance my parcel would still arrive! They were so kind and all explained it to me and amazingly the parcel still arrived as the numbers I had gotten wrong were just the suite number. The address may as well have been Spanish to me!

So I know the feeling and the stress and the helplessness of international parcels :smile: so I'm glad I may have been able to help out!!