Anyone here seen fellow TPR'S post pics of shady bags?

I agree that I have seen a few bags posted on TPF that looked fake to me (I'm not an expert but some things just stand out). And, I know that some of you may be concerned with hurting that person's feelings but isn't against TPF rules to post a picture of a fake and claim it as real? I'm sure some people are not aware that their bag is fake, but I would bet that others are trying to deceive us. I would never post something directly on the thread but I would definitely PM that person and PM a moderator.

Also, someone said they wouldn't want to burst a person's bubble if they told them their bag was fake. If I purchased a fake bag that I thought was real, I would really hope that someone would tell me because there may be a chance that I could get my money back. If no one tells the person, and they find out years from now that their handbag was fake, it will be much too late to do anything about it.

I agree that I have seen a few bags posted on TPF that looked fake to me (I'm not an expert but some things just stand out). And, I know that some of you may be concerned with hurting that person's feelings but isn't against TPF rules to post a picture of a fake and claim it as real? I'm sure some people are not aware that their bag is fake, but I would bet that others are trying to deceive us. I would never post something directly on the thread but I would definitely PM that person and PM a moderator.

Also, someone said they wouldn't want to burst a person's bubble if they told them their bag was fake. If I purchased a fake bag that I thought was real, I would really hope that someone would tell me because there may be a chance that I could get my money back. If no one tells the person, and they find out years from now that their handbag was fake, it will be much too late to do anything about it.

I totally agree! I just wish someone would do it politely if that was the case.

^^^^
I defintaley agree, and I think that is what confused me the most about a situation. It's not that i would want to embarrass someone or hurt their feelings, but I would defintaley want to know if I owned a fake bag as well! I never thought the Tpfers I had scene with shady bags were intentiionally posting illegitamate pictures (though I guess after reading other posts about people trying to fit it i guess that is possible), it's that I thought these people really didnt know their bag was fake and should know what to look out for!

Also- Just a clarification regarding the plastic wrapping issue- I understand that SA's do not know everything and that there are some designers that use plastic to wrap their bag harware, delicate adornments etc. What I meant to specifically address was the plastic wrapping on the LEATHER pieces. I don't know anything either way about how they protect their hardware (though with MJs i have typically seen foam or tissue), but what this girl had was plastic cellophane on her leather handles. I realized I only referenced the mini stam that did have plastic on the chain, but the other pic of the reg Stam had plastic on the leather handles and that stood out to me. Which is what I was referring to when I asked the SA about my banana hobo (mine had a leather strap, not chain), but again as you guys pointed out, SA's apparabtly have little credibility...thanks for all the feedback ladies:yes:

I ordered about a year ago from Nordstrom a MJ Stam. It was a special order directly from MJ. My SA brought it out to me straight out of the box and the chain strap had plastic on it. I was so surprised because it was so untouched and NEW, but it was the first time I had seen MJ with the plastic protection.
Ditto. I ordered an MJ hobo from Saks. It was delivered in the MJ box and also had cellophane wrapped around the chain and the other metal parts.