anyone here play piano?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. well here,its almost 1am now.Im exhausted but i cant sleep!!
    I went to bed and was trying to sleep but inside my head kept singing those melodies..... arghhhh!!

i keep thinking that i havnt practised enuf for today!!
    (normally im not like this.so i dunno wat's up with me today)
    this thought just cnt get out of my head.

anyone been thru this prob before?

2. oh God... i gave up on piano when i was 10 yrs old, and now i regret it.
    i was such a stubborn kid, no one can push me to practice.
    maybe you can relaxed for an hour or two before practicing again?
    good luck :smile:

3. I don't play the piano unfortunately, but a few years ago, as an adult, I took up the flute. I understand how you feel about your practice time. All day long I am anxious to get to my flute b/c I love it, but I can only play for so long before I get exhausted. Then I worry I won't be prepared enough for my lesson on Tuesday nights.

Good for you for your interest in music. Investing time in the Arts is so worthwhile and rewarding!

4. I love playing the piano, I used to take piano lessons, but I felt as if I was going no where, so I now teach myself. I have already taught myself and memorized a few songs, including Für Elise. I have been through that, too, especially when I am learning a new song.

5. I used to take piano lessons when I was 7 or so. I still know the notes and everything though.

6. yes...10 years of lessons from age 5 onward...I can still play OK but boy there are gaps.

7. Yup! I'm a piano teacher actually... hee hee

8. oh! me too me too! im a piano teacher since last yr that my mum is a shareholder of Yamaha music skool here in Thailand.i really enjoy teaching the grown-up ones,,,but for kids......they're slowly taking off my patient! :yahoo:

9. When my parents bought the house they live in now, back in '72 or so, it came with an ancient upright piano--it even had ivory keys!--among other interesting antiques. My mother took one look at it and decided, piano lessons for everyone!! So for a year or two I and my sister were forced to go after school to Mrs. Sproul's house, which smelt funny, and plunk out tuneless melodies to a relentlessly ticking metronome. As you might have surmised, we had little to no talent and were finally allowed to quit. I do not regret it.

10. I love playing the piano. I had lessons for a few years as a little kid and then stopped for playing for ages. I've only just picked it up again a few months ago and I've been teaching myself. I'm into showtunes at the moment aswell as Christmas songs of course!

11. I took piano for 3 years when I was younger. Wacky piano teacher taught "lleft hand chording" so I never learned to read the bass clef. So I am very limited to what I can play....more than 1 sharp or 4 flats and I am sofa king LOST!

12. My mom is a professional pianist (degrees from Oberlin Conservatory, Converse and Juilliard) but now in her "golden years" she gives private lessons at home. So of course learning the piano was a requirement in our household!

The best thing about it is that someday, I will inherit her gorgeous piano -- a six foot 1925 ebony Steinway grand. Hubby isn't too happy about that because it will take up a lot of room -- but that is one heirloom that I am not going to pass up!

I also play the oboe (coolest instrument ever, although very temperamental) and I pickec up the flute recently, although I can't say that I've learned enough to do anything more than just play a few notes.

13. I play the accordion. (not very well) does that count?

14. I wish I still played I stopped when I was about 14. Tried to get my son interested when he was smaller...didn't work.

AJ

15. oooh, me, me, I do!!!!

I don't take lessons anymore, but I've played since I was 4.
    And YES! When I took lessons and actually practiced it was all I thought about, my fingers were always tapping!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice