Travel Anyone here own a timeshare?

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Just thought I would see who, if anyone, owns a timeshare. My husband (then fiancé) bought ours in 2000 as our wedding present/honeymoon. It was a point system through equivest. Over the past 12 years, the company has been poorly managed and fees skyrocketed as owners fled. We decided to do the same now that festiva owns the company. We converted to Festiva and bought an extra week last night. I am hoping this was a good move. Anyone have experiences with festiva? Or anything else timeshare related?

Have a friend that owns 6 weeks a year. Think its the Hilton or somehow related to that group. My knowledge of time shares is limited.
She started with 2 weeks & bought 4 additional over the years.
She loves it! She's not afraid to go alone if someone can't join her.

My mum and I own a timeshare together, which she purchased back in the 90's. Two weeks a year in Spain, but we exchange it. It's with Diamond Resorts & under the Interval International group. I absolutely LOVE it! We use it every year, if it wasn't for our timeshare I wouldn't have been as fortunate to travel as much as I have.

Unfortunately we received bad news a couple of weeks ago. Our timeshare resort is going into administration due to the recession. Not sure where that leaves us! :cry:

I own one week timeshare for Maui. It was given to me by my in-laws. I wouldnt have bought it myself because of the high cost of timeshares in Maui but I do LOVE it in Maui.

The only thing I hate is the high cost of maintence fees. Maui is notorious for high cost of maintence fees. :nogood:

My parents bought one in Orlando years ago and it's for one week every other year. After my dad passed my mom didn't want the burden of paying the maintenance fee anymore but she doesn't know how to get rid of it. I'm not really a fan of them but I'm glad there are people here that love them because I've honestly only heard bad things about them.

There are some pluses and minuses with owning a timeshare. I do not own points I own a floating week. I prefer that. That way my timeshare is deeded.

If someone is planning on using it for there home resort it can be very nice but if they are planning on trading it a lot it can be a pain. When you trade it with companies like RCI or II it can be difficult at times.

One nice thing about owning a timeshare in Maui it is MUCH cheaper for me vs renting the room outright. Maui is a very pricey island. The timeshare I own at costs $400-550 per night.

There are some pluses and minuses with owning a timeshare. I do not own points I own a floating week. I prefer that. That way my timeshare is deeded.

If someone is planning on using it for there home resort it can be very nice but if they are planning on trading it a lot it can be a pain. When you trade it with companies like RCI or II it can be difficult at times.

One nice thing about owning a timeshare in Maui it is MUCH cheaper for me vs renting the room outright. Maui is a very pricey island. The timeshare I own at costs $400-550 per night.

I am finally going to maui with our timeshare - took 12 years but we finally made it work. I am so excited.

Out points timeshare is a deeded interest as well.

I am finally going to maui with our timeshare - took 12 years but we finally made it work. I am so excited.

Out points timeshare is a deeded interest as well.

Awesome!!! Maui is one of my favorite places on earth. I rent a car and spend my time driving around exploring the island.