Anyone here not like logos?

I hate logos, as a matter of fact I dont like to really advertise like that for any clothing company (unless I get paid the same hefty paycheck as supermodels lol). some might be obvious like jeans or handbags, but I dont like to wear anything with logos all over it, and if it is monogrammed, its my initials.

No logos for me. I don't think the bag should 'SCREAM', I think logos do scream.

I'm more of a solid leather bag lover. My clothes tend to be without logos too, I stick to pretty much solids there too, boring I know.

I HATE Logos, especially on shoes! I'm happy to find a lot of people feel that way too! I thought I was the only one out there that despised coach purses with logos, Dooney and Bourke with logos and I'm borderline with LV.

Have you Ladies tried a Mulberry bag? no logos but very well made...not too cheap but not prohibitive either.

There is a Mulberry discussion forum here in tpf...

I love Mulberry, beautifully made and styling to suit anyone. I am fortunate to live not to far from a Mulberry outlet shop so can get real bargains.

I loathe logos, in Britain they are linked to Chav's...yuk

I used to be a logo girl and would only look at signature pieces.

I've moved to a place where I avoid signature for the most part. If I buy a signature item, it's not going to be the obvious one. For instance, I just bought a Damier Azur Cles. It's got a tiny LV stamp and the checks- but only someone who knows the brand will ID it as LV. This, as opposed to monogram canvas.

The only way I will buy something with monogram if the other parts of the bag stick out more. Some monogram bags have great hardware and leather work on it that I think attracts more attention than the logos. But if the bag is plain then I am not a fan. All you are paying for is the monogram.

That is such a good point. There are things that we have a choice about (our purses), and others where we just don't (cars). I think it's actually illegal to remove the branding from your car, for police identification purposes.

Not illegal to remove branding. If it falls off...it falls off (my excuse even if I did remove it). Most PD's identify vehicle via VIN# which is located near the bottom left of the windshield frame. I can look at a car and tell you year, make by reading that VIN.

Most logo handbags LV, Gucci, Chanel and even Liz C have been in business for years. I don't see them losing money simply because no one likes the LOGO. Its your choice...some like it, some don't. Now...to me what is tacky is the logo on the shoes, hats, scarves, clothing (decking out the shirt with LV's :wtf:). I don't recall seeing Grace Kelly in a Gucci G logo riddled dress, then again her fav handbag was Hermes (hence the "Kelly"bag) . She also lived in a time when fashion was about clean lines and simplicity. When I see some of our starlets and entertainers wearing gaudy LV"S and G all over and looking like they borrowed clothes from the bag lady I get nauseated. Heck.. Grace, Liz Taylor, Audrey Hepburn and Kate Hepburn could wear a simple white shirt and sleek looking trousers,handbag and look drop dead gorgeous.

The imposters (fake freaks) have abused the logo of designers to wrongly profit from it.:cursing: If anyone should be chastised it should be them. They faked it, thus creating so many out there that handbag lovers have soured over the years of seeing the logo. The designers inspired it, the fakers abused it, now we're sick of it....go figure.

Sorry about my soap box derby...I have some logo bags (LV,Gucci) and appreciate the true workmanship that went into them.