Anyone here like beets?

1. I've seen them at the farmer's market and they looked beautiful so I finally tried them. They are so good!

I steam them, peel them, then use in a salad with orange, balsamic viniagrette.

Any other ideas on how to use beets?

Also, does anyone know the nutritional value of beets?

2. ME!!! I only like the canned or jarred pickled beets though. Funny, my mom ate tons of them when she was pregnant w/me which makes me wonder if that's why I love them so much lol.:nuts:

3. there's a russian beet soup (borschke? probably spelled it wrong) that my cousin used to make and i loved it. we called it the "red soup" and you drink it with sour cream i believe :smile:

4. Borscht is how it's spelled. Here's a good recipe: Borscht

I love it! Ironically my husband is Russian and HE HATES IT!!

I also love beets with a nice sweet & sour sauce. Yum!:nuts:

5. Oh yes! I love beets. Roasted, pickled. They are delicious on salads, soups, and just as a side dish alone. I think that they are very high in antioxidants.

6. i like beets too. i make it into a soup with beef shank. not the most exciting but i like it :smile:

7. I do! I eat them boiled and grated with a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs.

8. i love them boiled w/mayo and sea salt....mmmm. Just be warned if you eat a lot...!

9. ewy i dont like beets, but my dad does! hehe.. very healthy.

10. LOVE THEM! My father makes a beet salad of beets, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, & salt and pepper. Soooo yummy!

11. I LOVE beets. Just as a caution though--be careful if you eat a lot of them that you don't think you have blood in your urine or stool--you probably don't--it's the beets--nothing else--don't panic! I've had friends think they were dying--the color can be VERY intense.

Here's my favorite recipe--Moroccan Beet Salad

Mix with juice of one lemon, 2 cloves of garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon cumin, salt & pepper to taste and extra virgin olive oil--enough to cover. You can also add 1/2 cup diced parsley. Mix everything but the parsley together and let sit for a few hours. Add the parsley before serving. I've made this for dinner parties and it's always been a hit, except with people who just don't like beets.

12. I LOVE beets. I roast them, peel them and eat them in salads and stir frys/fries. mmm. my husband they taste like dirt. Philistine.

13. I love beetroot with a nice salad. :love:

14. yummmm! I love beetroot! I generally eat mine in salad, or I'll make a beetroot sandwich. Just bread and beets! yum yum!

15. I love beets! I always thought everyone did. I just cook them and eat them. I hated "Harvard Beets" the time I made that!

Did you know that beet tops are edible? I didn't, until my grandmother cooked them up once and I tried them. I was prepared for the worst, but they were very good! She simmered them in a pan with a bit of water, and seasoned them with a little bacon. They tasted like a very mild spinach -- mmm mmm!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice