Anyone Here Have Their Own Bag/Shoe Business?

KeepItOpen

Jul 2, 2007
I feel as though a lot of shoe/handbag stores have been more hesitant to leverage the power of social networking for marketing (i.e. the MySpace effect) than other types of businesses. Has anyone who owns a shoe/handbag store used any good sites?

I've used the following three and found them VERY helpful (I won't link to my profiles/sites as to not self promote):

1. CRAIGSLIST - It might seem obvious, but many people don't use it. If you have a special to announce or want to introduce your store to a local online community, create a free post. Be sure to include a link to your site if you have one.

2. MYLOCALSPOT - Like a MySpace for small businesses, the site is very easy to use and lets you create a free profile. Include pictures, a description of your store, a link to your site, list the brands you carry and any current specials you're running. Edit your profile at any time so you can keep customers up-to-date with what's happening with your store.

3. BLOGGER - Easy to use site that let's you create a free blog about your store. Use it to keep current customers up to date with the latest about your store. Be sure to link to your site.

Check those out and let me know how you think they compare to other sites you've used. Listing additional sites is also helpful!