Anyone here collect VINTAGE Louis Vuitton?

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
I was wondering if anyone collects older pieces, I suppose vintage are items/styles that are no longer made (or made in the current form?)

How do you know what you're looking for?
Do you use it?
How do you know if authentic?
What do you collect? briefcases, luggage, speedies,?

Just wondering, I have seen some styles from the 80's that I am interested in but I do not buy because I am not sure.

I wouldn't say I collect them exactly, but I have my mom's older ones from the early 90's. I have the Trocadero and the Speedy 30..also her Ellipse shopper from about 1999 (not really OLD, but the style is discontinued).

I don't collect either, but I love looking at the vintage styles! I know a lady who has a Speedy from the early 80s & its fabulous! Totally patina'ed' & sooo slouchy & just amazing! I love seeing the older discontinued styles!

I don't necessarily collect them. Since I bought my first LV in 1989, some of my bags would definately now be considered vintage. I have 3 or 4 that aren't being made anymore.

I am with Rebecca, I wouldn't say I 'collect' them....but I do have a few 'vintage' pieces...just because I have had them so long. I have a keepall that is about 25 years old, it was my first piece of LV, I ever got :smile: I also have a speedy that is just about a year younger and my pegase is about 15-20 years old, and my garment bag is about 15 years old. I have alot of vintage Gucci as well, about 20-25 years old.

I think there's a Vintage forum in the Clubhouse. I have a discontinued Randonnee GM I bought at a designer consignment shop. I only got it because I really trust the owner and know it's real. I don't hunt vintage out, but it's a nice surprise when you find one. I wouldn't say no to a Croissant GM!