Anyone having trouble using their new bag?

vanilla_latte

Nov 22, 2013
Hi All
Posting in LV forum because thats the bag in question.. but could be applicable to any other brand. I bought my Empreinte speedy after careful deliberation and saving, so should be guilt-free. It is gorgeous, practical, everything I could want. I even managed to get the discontinued color! But I'm having trouble actually taking out and using the bag. Its so new and perfect and beautiful I feel like its somehow too fancy to be taken out ( even though the leather is very durable). Also worried about it getting dirty or damaged. I dont want it to just sit there after I spent so much money but because I spent so much money I'm worried about the bag. Is it a sign that I bought the wrong thing? Does anyone experience this issue after getting their much-desired bag?

I would just get some leather cleaner & conditioner and carry it. You saved and bought a beautiful bag that you love, you should not be afraid to carry it! I've seen many other ladies on TPF with the same bag and they carry with no worries (seemingly). Just be careful about sitting it on floors...I wouldn't do that. You may want to get a bag clip for when you're out at restaurants and such. They sell them on eBay. Good luck and go ahead, be fearless and carry that beautiful bag in the best of health!! ;)

I have friends who have felt the same way you do. In my opinion, a bag is just a nice thing. It's meant to be used and we can't take it with us when we die. I know it's weird to use it, but if you can't use it, it's kind of a waste of money, and a bigger waste than using it all the time. If the price bothers you to the point where you can't bring yourself to use the bag, perhaps you need to return it and get something cheaper.

I figured that since I spent 3k in a bag, id better use it because I dont want to spend more money buying another purse. :smile:

Do you like the bag you bought? If you do, you should carry it and use it...I think after the initial use of taking it you get over the fear of using your new bag...I agree though, if you find you won't be able to enjoy the bag, you should return....

I say, grab that new handbag, load her up and out the door you go! You're going to love this Speedy! I loved it so much that I went and got it in a few different colors. They're now mostly discontinued so now they're really special.

Don't misunderstand me though, I am very careful with them and as others have mentioned I don't put it on the floor. :graucho:

Good Luck! :wave:

Please just go put your stuff in it right now and start using it. You thought it through and saved for it...you deserve it and you deserve to enjoy it. It's not too fancy, it's not going to get dirty or damaged. Will it show wear eventually.....yes and that is when you know you are getting your money's worth! It's a waste of money to let it just sit. Now go....and post modeling pics!!!!:smile:

Hi All
Posting in LV forum because thats the bag in question.. but could be applicable to any other brand. I bought my Empreinte speedy after careful deliberation and saving, so should be guilt-free. It is gorgeous, practical, everything I could want. I even managed to get the discontinued color! But I'm having trouble actually taking out and using the bag. Its so new and perfect and beautiful I feel like its somehow too fancy to be taken out ( even though the leather is very durable). Also worried about it getting dirty or damaged. I dont want it to just sit there after I spent so much money but because I spent so much money I'm worried about the bag. Is it a sign that I bought the wrong thing? Does anyone experience this issue after getting their much-desired bag?

Don't wait! Take it out and enjoy it!:smile:

Once you use it a few times your bag anxieties will disappear!

The Empreiente Speedy is gorgeous! You can totally dress up or casual with that bag and look fantastic! The bag will make the outfit.

If you want to preserve it in pristine form, take a picture! But enjoy the bag! :smile:

Hi All

Oh yes. I've had the exact same trouble using my SpeedyB DA, to the extent that I almost considered reselling it, but I love that bag so much that only this Monday I made myself use it. I have each day since and I'm slowly starting to relax.
Today I was wearing a red coat so I detached the Vachetta strap and carried it by its handles, before I would not have risked using it whilst wearing red. I say just take a deep breath and use your beloved Speedy, you will enjoy doing so immensely once you get the first few nerve wracking times over with :hugs:

No problems at all using my LV bags from canvas to leather. They're meant to be used (not abused) and to take on a little wear. It adds character and life to the purse. You can always condition and treat your canvas and leathers to keep it looking nice and clean. But, don't hesitate to use them :smile:

Please just go put your stuff in it right now and start using it. You thought it through and saved for it...you deserve it and you deserve to enjoy it. It's not too fancy, it's not going to get dirty or damaged. Will it show wear eventually.....yes and that is when you know you are getting your money's worth! It's a waste of money to let it just sit. Now go....and post modeling pics!!!!:smile:

+1 :smile:

I did the same thing, but I'm happy to report my Speedy in Infini is almost a year old and still looks nearly new. Do I baby it, YES! BUT only if you consider keeping it stuffed and in it's dustbag when not in use, not sitting on the floor, and tossing it around. I had to wake up and break that glass case they were sitting behind. Our beauties are meant to be used and admired, not just admired. :smile:

Hi All
I totally get that feeling. But as they say the first time is always scary! Use it today! :okay::okay::okay::okay::okay::okay:

Thanks all for the encouragement! :smile: It's a little scary because thats the most I paid for a bag ever but I'm very careful with my bags, never put it on the floor, and they last me a long time! Definitely will take it out :smile:

You should enjoy it! I had so much anxiety earlier this year about a fairly delicate (other brand) bag, nearly returned it twice until the SM gave me a pep talk about using it and enjoying it. Don't get me wrong I still worry, but I'd worry more that it was sat in a dust bag not being used.