Anyone having problems receiving won auction items from San Diego?

Actually the seller bought the insurance (with your money), I doubt the PO will help you. Personally I'd send an email asking if they are OK, if there is anything you can do to help, and that you'll let them know when the package arrives as you think it's probably held up in the post office because of everything going on. That leaves it open for them to say 'oops it won't be coming', or 'yes it's on it's way'.
I wouldn't call them. If they are selling on Ebay I'm sure they are the kind of people who will use their email enough to get around to checking it when they can. Voicemails are a bit too personal in my opinion when that person didn't give you their number to start with.

It doesn't look like the seller got it to the PO. The electronic notice I received on Sunday came from [email protected]. This just tells the PO that the sender has purchased the postage and will be bringing it to the PO. If this was done on Sunday, then seller was (I'm assuming) going into the PO on Monday or dropped it into the maildrop on Sunday. SD Girls, would the PO still be viable on Monday in RB? Cust. Svc, @ PO said either sender or recipient could put in for the claim. And I have sent a couple of emails to seller asking if they were alright, w/o even mentioning the purse. In italian, no less. That's where the level of correspondance got to, not just "thanks for winning/where's my item?"

^Interesting. Hmm, from what I know, the PO MAY have been open that morning. But that was the day the majority of the evacuations occurred and when 4S Ranch/RB started taking the brunt of the damage...so even if it was dropped in the mailbox, the PO will have closed and not done anymore business at that time (meaning the package wasn't scanned in either). They did start letting people back into their houses/to see the damage, so chances are, your seller will get back to you soon. I really hope she's ok, it was devastating to see the destruction that occurred with this fire.

It doesn't look like the seller got it to the PO. The electronic notice I received on Sunday came from [email protected]. This just tells the PO that the sender has purchased the postage and will be bringing it to the PO. If this was done on Sunday, then seller was (I'm assuming) going into the PO on Monday or dropped it into the maildrop on Sunday. SD Girls, would the PO still be viable on Monday in RB? Cust. Svc, @ PO said either sender or recipient could put in for the claim. And I have sent a couple of emails to seller asking if they were alright, w/o even mentioning the purse. In italian, no less. That's where the level of correspondance got to, not just "thanks for winning/where's my item?"

It really is too soon to tell, seriously you may have to give this transaction at least three weeks. Some dust has to settle down. When it's a month after your 'paid purchase' and you have NOT received your purse then file your claim to get your money back. My thoughts, if you do not get your bag within a month, your seller's life maybe so garbage you probably never will.

On a positive note, you will see one or the other within the period of time mentioned above.

The story has a (relatively) happy ending: Got an email from the seller early this AM. They were evacuated before 6am last Monday and just got back this past w/e. They were very lucky, only a fence and some yard burned, but some neighbors lost everything. They were able to take the package to the PO on Sat. and I received it earlier today. They appologized for the rushed packaging, even. I told them I was more grateful that they were ok then the lack of pretty packaging and that my thoughts are with them and their neighbors.

Thanks again, everyone. You renew my faith in the existence of good people:heart:

PS: bag is beautiful, in great condition and no smokey smell:tup:

Oh wow, that's great to hear, especially since she was in the affected area! It's so sad to hear of all the people who lost their houses so it's good to hear that her house was mostly ok.
Also, the wind is supposed to pick back up this weekend...I hope the fires don't happen again. :sad:

Oh wow, that's great to hear, especially since she was in the affected area! It's so sad to hear of all the people who lost their houses so it's good to hear that her house was mostly ok.
Also, the wind is supposed to pick back up this weekend...I hope the fires don't happen again. :sad:

Yes, let's hope. It would be so crushing to have this start up again after it's been mostly or completely (in some areas) contained.....