anyone have tumbled sheepskin mulberries?

thanks guys...the sa really freaked me out she said even tho it was black it would show rain spots like oak darwin as the sheepskin is untreated leather and she said i shud return and exchange for the patent clutch....

so thats reassuring about the rain jenova...the jody hardware seems quite sturdy.

sorry to hear bout your bag , racheim!

tast fashion y would the leather peel off from a scratch ?, i means it natural untreated leather so it shoud mark and scratch easy is that wat u meant?

I used my purple shimmy constantly for about ten days or so. It appears to be non the worse for wear and I haven't sprayed it either. When I bought mine the SA at SM said she had one and found it very hardwearing and good in the rain! I too feel that the bit that's going to wear most is the zip.

I posted regarding mine which I'm watching very closely

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd93/rachiem_photo/?action=view&current=shim002.jpg

I have to say, it's not wearing very well. I am very careful with my bags..It hasn't been overloaded either.
The girls fron HOF at Bluewater yesterday, felt I should return it but I just love it so much...as long as it doesn't split further...

:shocked: That looks like it will split & the handle will come away. Blimey. Id send it off for repair before that happens - seriously.

Poor you - I hate it when there are problems with a bag you love (ie me & my Poppy!!)

My shimmy is much more robust around the handles, there is an extra piece of leather kind of wrapped around where the leather should be (having trouble synching phone and laptop at the mo so will post pics when I can)

I have the small Jody in tumbled sheepskin. I was also told this type of leather is very delicate, but I use it all the time (and it's been raining A LOT here) and the other day when I was out someone spilled a bear on me and Jody, and still - nothing happened! Compared to other types of Mulberry leather, this doesn't scratch, get any marks or anything, and it's not really visible either since the tumbled sheepskin is sort of wrinkled already. I also like how it's really light weight compared to other Mulberrys. I would have to say that so far I'm very impressed with this type of leather!

You should call CS & first of all ask them to locate a new one for you .. then send it off to them. Thats SHOULDNT be happening!! Its not like you paid £2.99 for it! :shocked:

What is going on with Mulberry these days ..?

I've emailed them to see what they think.
I don't want to send it back in case they can't fix it and can't source another as I so love the bag.
I'd rather get a good few months use out of it if that's the case!

I bought a purple large Jody at Bicester at the weekend. I asked the SA about care and she said the leather doesn't show water marks like Darwin leather, although she did recommend I sprayed it with Collonil. The only thing she warned me about was dye transfer from the bag to light coloured clothes, as she'd been caught out by that.

Has anyone got the black shimmy tote - I am thinking of sneaking off behind my hubbys credit card back but need to know if it is worth dieing for? It looks cute in the pics - but can only order online so need to be sure...newborn baby prevents me from shopping

Thanks for the advice - That was what I was thinking it looks like a winter bag....Keep your fingers crossed for me that my hubby loves it too.. since the banks took a tumble he has been on such a downer about buying bags:ty: