Anyone have this limited edition (Sharon Stone) bag?

designer1

Jul 23, 2010
I was looking for a Speedy 30, and found this bag instead. I like the simple, clean lines of it, the fact that I can carry it over the shoulder, and the inside has some organization to it. Anyone have this bag (I searched on the forum, didn't see any pics, or anything). I believe its called the Amfar? I have it on hold, its $ 500 US, and thinking that's a great deal for a rare and limited edition bag that is in pristine condition. The vachetta is still fairly light (which I love). I just wonder if its a stiffer bag, or will soften up, like my Delightful did (not so structured). Anyone ?? Thanks

Attachments

• amfar.jpg
    amfar.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 865
  • amfar 1.jpg
    amfar 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,035
  • amfar patch.jpg
    amfar patch.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 875
Yes, there were a few on Ebay, but there were two, I was debating on, one was $ 499, the other $ 544, both from Japan, so no duty/taxes once it arrives here in Canada. They were both in such great shape, that I pulled the trigger and bought one, just now. Now the wait begins…lol

Last edited:
Yes, there were a few on Ebay, but there were two, I was debating on, one was $ 499, the other $ 544, both from Japan, so no duty/taxes once it arrives here in Canada. They were both in such great shape, that I pulled the trigger and bought one, just now. Now the wait begins…lol

Why are there no duties or taxes?

I'm just curious... I love in Canada abs have been waiting to purchase from Japan. Lol

I'm not sure why there are never any extra costs ( duty etc). I've ordered at least 5 or 6 bags , delivered by EMS and never any fees like there are usually when something arrives from the US. I also love that the majority of these sellers offer free shipping too. The bag was $499, free shipping and with the crappy US/CDN exchange rate, the total amount was $574!! Still a good deal for this bag I'm thinking! I prefer to buy from those reputable eBay sellers in Japan or Tokyo over any seller in the US, MissDaphne .

I'm not sure why there are never any extra costs ( duty etc). I've ordered at least 5 or 6 bags , delivered by EMS and never any fees like there are usually when something arrives from the US. I also love that the majority of these sellers offer free shipping too. The bag was $499, free shipping and with the crappy US/CDN exchange rate, the total amount was $574!! Still a good deal for this bag I'm thinking! I prefer to buy from those reputable eBay sellers in Japan or Tokyo over any seller in the US, MissDaphne .

Oh thanks so much! Now I can look forward to buying! Lol! I have so many "watched" items!

I think you have just been lucky that you have not been hit with any customs/duty yet. I believe that anything ordered from outside of Canada is subject to a customs charge.

Perhaps. When I think of how many things have come from there in the last couple years though ( 20 + packages), I've never been charged. If I think of other items my kids or I have purchased , other than designer bags, never run into extra charges.

I was looking for a Speedy 30, and found this bag instead. I like the simple, clean lines of it, the fact that I can carry it over the shoulder, and the inside has some organization to it. Anyone have this bag (I searched on the forum, didn't see any pics, or anything). I believe its called the Amfar? I have it on hold, its $ 500 US, and thinking that's a great deal for a rare and limited edition bag that is in pristine condition. The vachetta is still fairly light (which I love). I just wonder if its a stiffer bag, or will soften up, like my Delightful did (not so structured). Anyone ?? Thanks

Have had mine for years and it's still structured but I don't use it as a bag; I use it as a toiletry bag when travelling.

Perhaps. When I think of how many things have come from there in the last couple years though ( 20 + packages), I've never been charged. If I think of other items my kids or I have purchased , other than designer bags, never run into extra charges.

Glad to hear it, but you have been extremely lucky as all packages are subject to customs in Canada!

Have had mine for years and it's still structured but I don't use it as a bag; I use it as a toiletry bag when travelling.
Interesting. Well I will likely use it for everyday…I love how my there is a special place for my water bottle inside too. I know it will be more structured than my Delightful was, but from the modelling pics I've seen online, it looks like such a simple, classic, everyday style. Im so happy to have stumbled across this style of bag, as I did with the Luco tote I found this past summer. Funny how you can be searching for one style, find another, and instantly fall in love with it!