Anyone have this bag (Timeless Tote)?

D3183

May 6, 2013
I'm looking for another tote bag. I have owned a GST in the past, which I liked, but the straps drove me CRAZY. They would not both stay on my arm no matter what I did (I tried crossing them ontop of each other, making sure to put the outer strap on the inside...one would inevitably slide off my arm no matter what). I am considering the bag in the attached photo, but not sure if the straps suffer from the same problem.

My SA says that this tote is $3300 and comes with a zipped compartment in the middle.

Anyone have it and can comment on how they like it? Do the straps stay on your arm?

Attachments

Poppins_Purse

Jan 15, 2014
I have this tote and I looooooove it! Probably my favorite bag. I had the exact same problems with the gst so never got one - too boxy to be comfortable and I hate straps that slip off your shoulder. This one is structured but soft and very comfortable under the arm and against your body. The straps have a great drop length and stay on my shoulder 80%+ of the time. The compartment is big enough to actually out stuff in. It's slouching a little in the way the gst does, but I think it will be limited because of the structure of the middle Pocket. Also it looks just as good with a suit or a nice dress as with jeans and a tee (more so than the flap bags IMO).

In sum, do it! I think it's Chanel's best bag, esp for the price. 💓💓

lovely2008

O.G.
Apr 4, 2008
hi, does this tote has the same black thick caviar leather as the gst? what are the measurements? is it bigger than gst?

Mar 17, 2013
Chicago
I'm looking for another tote bag. I have owned a GST in the past, which I liked, but the straps drove me CRAZY. They would not both stay on my arm no matter what I did (I tried crossing them ontop of each other, making sure to put the outer strap on the inside...one would inevitably slide off my arm no matter what). I am considering the bag in the attached photo, but not sure if the straps suffer from the same problem.

My SA says that this tote is $3300 and comes with a zipped compartment in the middle.

Anyone have it and can comment on how they like it? Do the straps stay on your arm?
I have it but am selling it (already made arrangements to sell, not selling on TPF). It's just too small for me. The middle zipper compartment really doesn't hold much and if you put anthing that is not super thin in the outer sections of the bag it bulges out in an odd way that I do not find attractive. Sorry, but I just didn't have a good experience with this bag.

summergirl1

Apr 2, 2013
This was my first Chanel bag and I agree with the poster that says it doesn't fit enough. I couldn't fit my full size wallet and make up bag because then it bulges out. I still love it though but I ended up buying the GST. Both bags the straps tend to fall off but I've found if I tuck the top strap under the bottom it will stay. I haven't carried it very much and I feel like it is not going to keep it's shape the way I thought it would when I bought it.