Anyone have the Simple 85 Ankle Boots?

OCMomof3

O.G.
Feb 26, 2013
After two pairs of CL heels, I am looking at ankle boots for this Fall/Winter. Recently saw someone wearing these and they were understated but stunning!

Anyone have these or know anything about them?

TIA!!!:smile:

Saks has them, actually the zipper is on the inside, not the back

great basic black boots

christian-louboutin-brown-simple-85-leather-ankle-boots-product-1-6709219-040121255_large_flex.jpeg

Saks has them, actually the zipper is on the inside, not the back

great basic black boots

cdnc.lystit.com/photos/2013/02/25/christian-louboutin-brown-simple-85-leather-ankle-boots-product-1-6709219-040121255_large_flex.jpeg

Ah, so it is. Thanks, livethelake! Just wondering if anyone finds CL ankle boots to be comfortable? I wouldn't say my two pairs of Simples are the most comfortable I've ever worn, but I'm willing to suffer for them!;)

Would personally advice against the style of boot you show unless you intend to always wear with jeans/trousers, as they cut off your legs making you look squat! Even for someone who has very long slim legs it is just not a good look.

Go for a shorter ankle boot or knee highs, trust me you will look so much better. ;)

I have knee high boots and find them more comfortable than the shoes as they give more support but if you plan to wear them for a long time and do lots of walking I would suggest sizing up a lot so you have room for a soft thick sole. The footbed is hard and my boots at least run quite small. I am a TTS 39 and my boots 39.5 which works fine but would have chosen 40 for more comfort and to be able to use an insole. :smile:

Would personally advice against the style of boot you show unless you intend to always wear with jeans/trousers, as they cut off your legs making you look squat! Even for someone who has very long slim legs it is just not a good look.

Go for a shorter ankle boot or knee highs, trust me you will look so much better. ;)

I have knee high boots and find them more comfortable than the shoes as they give more support but if you plan to wear them for a long time and do lots of walking I would suggest sizing up a lot so you have room for a soft thick sole. The footbed is hard and my boots at least run quite small. I am a TTS 39 and my boots 39.5 which works fine but would have chosen 40 for more comfort and to be able to use an insole. :smile:

Thanks for the advice! I would likely wear with pants, but I'll keep that in mind. There is a shorter version, cut closer to the ankle. I have a CL store not far from me, I'll have to try to see these in person. :smile:

Thanks for the advice! I would likely wear with pants, but I'll keep that in mind. There is a shorter version, cut closer to the ankle. I have a CL store not far from me, I'll have to try to see these in person. :smile:
I have the 85mm Belles. I went 1/2 size up so I could wear socks with them. I think they also come in 100mm. They dug into my ankles when I first wore them but after a few outings they were very comfortable.

Last edited:
I have the 85mm Belles. I went 1/2 size up so I could wear socks with them. I think they also come in 100mm. They dug into my ankles when I first wore them but after a few outings they were very comfortable.

I want a pair, I think thats my next purchase! The 85 I would think would be very practical! :love: