Anyone have the Red Suede Rhyder 33

I actually ordered both and they both went back because of the suede. I didn't think that the red was as heavy as the black. It was hard to send the red back because I love the pebbled look but I didn't think I would enjoy it because I would be worried about the suede all the time.

I can't wait to see this one. I live in WI so I'm nervous about the suede as well. It's breathtaking in the pic. My favorite of all the 33s I've seen so far. We have similar taste in bags, and cars. Mustangs are my favorite :smile:

I actually ordered both and they both went back because of the suede. I didn't think that the red was as heavy as the black. It was hard to send the red back because I love the pebbled look but I didn't think I would enjoy it because I would be worried about the suede all the time.

If you don't mind me asking, the suede looks like a nubuck suede in all the stock pics. Is that how you'd describe it? I haven't seen ANY Rhyder bags irl...I'd better go soon and also order those Feather Fobs with or without a Rhyder bag :P

I missed seeing it at my store tonight by about an hour (got stuck working late) and the other person who ordered it had already picked up. BUT, I'm driving into San Francisco to look at it there and possibly buy it. The SA's at my store said it is indeed closer to a Nubuck suede with a pebbled finish that is ultra soft and squashy.

I also got the scoop on the Feather Fob! What happened is that it was a promo piece to be given out at fashion events, etc. Because every Coach item has a number, it was in the system. Someone must've posted it up somewhere and everyone started ordering, but it was never meant to be sold. SO, those who got it, you've got a rare item!!

Nubuck isn't hard to take care of. I think it lasts longer than regular suede. I have several near vintage Coach bags made of nubuck, including the handles, but they are shoulder bags so I don't hold the straps in my hands. These bags still look almost brand new even though they are almost 20 years old. I'm not the original owner so I don't know how much use they have gotten over the years. The great thing about nubuck is that most marks brush right out. According to the creeds, the nubuck finish provides excellent durability and water resistance.

However, I think making the handles out of nubuck was a bad idea. They will be prone to darkening from hand oils, I think more than regular leather would. Eventually I think the nubuck on the handles will wear smooth.

I missed seeing it at my store tonight by about an hour (got stuck working late) and the other person who ordered it had already picked up. BUT, I'm driving into San Francisco to look at it there and possibly buy it. The SA's at my store said it is indeed closer to a Nubuck suede with a pebbled finish that is ultra soft and squashy.

I also got the scoop on the Feather Fob! What happened is that it was a promo piece to be given out at fashion events, etc. Because every Coach item has a number, it was in the system. Someone must've posted it up somewhere and everyone started ordering, but it was never meant to be sold. SO, those who got it, you've got a rare item!!
Thanks for the info. Somebody really screwed up. If they didn't want anyone to buy it, they could have put zero quantity into the system.

Which San Francisco store are you going to? I bought my very first Coach in the store on Post Street a very long time ago, shortly after I got my first real job after college.