Anyone have the MJ Mercer Cole Tote

nascar fan

just cruising
O.G.
Jul 3, 2009
25 mins east of the track
Hi Ladies - I just bought the Mercer Cole Tote on the Barney's website (more of an impulse decision) because it was down from $1295 to $389! Now I'm having some regrets because I've never really seen it in person ... anyone have it that can post some modeling pics and/or have any thoughts about it?

http://www.barneys.com/Mercer Cole Tote/00465006005419,default,pd.html
Don't worry! It's very nice. Even if you don't like it when it arrives, you can sell it. That's a really good buy! I've seen it several times. The royal blue one is pretty. The black is pretty. Just enjoy a nice bag at a great price. :yahoo:

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
i've seen and used to own a bag similar to this. it's a nice bag. lightweight, soft leather. you might like it. if not, you can always return it. no harm, no foul, right?

nascar fan

just cruising
O.G.
Jul 3, 2009
25 mins east of the track
go to the "what are you wearing with that MJ bag" and go to post 1047. There is a beautiful Mercer bag in that picture. I'm not sure if it's the exact tote style, but it's a Mercer.

acschjenn

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
LA
I was eyeing this bag too, since the price dropped to $389. I couldn't find any pics of the Cole tote specifically here either. Doesn't seem to be as popular as the Peet, E/W, or Satchel. Then I took my sales goggles off and realized it's just not my style. Can you post pics when you get it pls?!

kiss_p

So, pretty...
O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
Just wanted to add that I've seen it in other colors and it's a nice bag. Also, wanted to warn you about Barney's website. Sometimes their inventory isn't correct and they'll cancel the order. But, I do hope that they've fixed their system and you do get your bag.

suitecaroline

Oct 29, 2006
NYC
thanks for the input ... i'll definitely post pics when (or if) it comes! and since its not final sale i guess i could always return =) you guys have made me feel much better about my impulsive purchase ... many thanks!!!

Luna

wheeeee
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
nyc
Off 5th and Last Call have had a lot of this style.

$389 seems like a good price... not sure if Off 5th's price with the coupons lately ahve beat that.

sophiac

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
i think i have this bag...i bought mine at a sales and it didnt have a name tag at all...its super duper smooshy...soft and lightweight...but the buttons have developed somekind of discolouration and its only been a month since i bought it...do a search for my thread, i posted pictures of it...