Anyone have the Madison Leather Lindsey Sacthel?

Nov 4, 2008
Hello I have been recently eyeing the Madison Leather Lindsey Sacthel style:18641 in black/silver but wasn't sure how comfortable this style was? does anyone here have it if so how do you like it? thanks :smile:

lindsey-black-silver.jpg

I don't have the black but I have the persimmon. I also have the gathered Lindsey in both black and bordeaux. The regular leather has much less structure than the gathered, and is more slouchy and puddles more when set down. It has that really cool hidden zipper pocket on the front under one of the pleats, which is neat for phone or keys. The bag opens up wide enough to make it easy to find your stuff. It is more of a north/south silhouette versus east/west like some of the other satchels, and some ladies don't like that about this bag. I love my Lindseys! Are you able to go into a store and try one on?

I don't have the black but I have the persimmon. I also have the gathered Lindsey in both black and bordeaux. The regular leather has much less structure than the gathered, and is more slouchy and puddles more when set down. It has that really cool hidden zipper pocket on the front under one of the pleats, which is neat for phone or keys. The bag opens up wide enough to make it easy to find your stuff. It is more of a north/south silhouette versus east/west like some of the other satchels, and some ladies don't like that about this bag. I love my Lindseys! Are you able to go into a store and try one on?

Yes, I would like to go and try it on to make sure, but I am really iffy about it falling over when I set it down etc. I don't know

Since we are at this, does anyone know what colour is the lining for Safflower Lindsey?

I am very torn between a Gathered leather Sophia or a Leather Lindsey.

I have a cherry Lindsey and it does not stand on its own if you set it down. I prefer softer bags that have some slouch. So this is the perfect satchel for me. If you search my post I have modeling pictures in my reveal it's under "my first reveal !!!" two or three pages back.

PurseKindaGal said:
How is the bag overall comfortable to wear?

Overall it's good. I am more of a shoulder bag type of gal so I keep wanting to put the short handles on my shoulder. Sometimes I don't realize I even put the bag there (short handle on shoulder) until the handles start sliding. The long strap is very comfortable but I worry about color transfer if I am wearing jeans so I don't wear it that way often. The bag holds a ton and is very light weight. I have gotten so many compliments on the bright red cherry color.

What are you looking for in your next bag ? That might help my cater my review.

Overall it's good. I am more of a shoulder bag type of gal so I keep wanting to put the short handles on my shoulder. Sometimes I don't realize I even put the bag there (short handle on shoulder) until the handles start sliding. The long strap is very comfortable but I worry about color transfer if I am wearing jeans so I don't wear it that way often. The bag holds a ton and is very light weight. I have gotten so many compliments on the bright red cherry color.

What are you looking for in your next bag ? That might help my cater my review.

I like a shoulder bag and I am about 5'11 so I think the long strap might be okay for an everyday bag? I just want something I can put on and go not have any slipping issues on my shoulder etc.

PurseKindaGal said:
I like a shoulder bag and I am about 5'11 so I think the long strap might be okay for an everyday bag? I just want something I can put on and go not have any slipping issues on my shoulder etc.

Well, I this bag is more pretty then comfortable only because I am not used to carrying bags on my arm. I also have the Chelsea katarina and it is a much more comfortable shoulder bag. This bag (lindsey) was meant to be carried on the arm (standard satchel ) with the option of wearing it on the shoulder. Because of that it is not the best shoulder bag.

Don't get me wrong I love my bag and do not regret purchasing but if you looking for a "go to" or "holly grail" shoulder bag I would recommend the Kristin hobo or the Chelsea katarina.

Well, I this bag is more pretty then comfortable only because I am not used to carrying bags on my arm. I also have the Chelsea katarina and it is a much more comfortable shoulder bag. This bag (lindsey) was meant to be carried on the arm (standard satchel ) with the option of wearing it on the shoulder. Because of that it is not the best shoulder bag.

Don't get me wrong I love my bag and do not regret purchasing but if you looking for a "go to" or "holly grail" shoulder bag I would recommend the Kristin hobo or the Chelsea katarina.

Hmm I will have to look at those. I like big bags also

I agree that a Kristen hobo or the new Chelsea would be more comfortable wearing over a long period. The Lindsey is definitely meant to be carried on the arm. The longer strap is a great length for me - I'm 5'7...