Anyone have the Frivole 9 flower necklace?

chiaoapple

O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
Hi all~ I am thinking about getting the Frivole 9 flower necklace, and would very much appreciate advice/views from owners or those who have seen them "in the wild" on how they wear, whether they are practical to wear, if they easily integrate with different outfits and necklines, etc.
I have tried on once in the boutique (I was in a rush) and will go back to try on again, but please let me know your experiences! Thank you~~

468486.png.adapt.380.380.png

I have this necklace!! It's so pretty and is just as versatile as the 10 motif in the sense that you can wear it with a dress or even with jeans and a t shirt.
I pair mine with the large frivole earrings and tend to save it for spring and summer.
The clasp has a beautiful flower detail (a flower next to the clasp ) that looks beautiful if you wear your hair up.
The only drawback ( not really a big deal) is that sometimes the small flowers will flip.
I have even imagined joining two of these together to create the most amazing long necklace.....

I have this necklace!! It's so pretty and is just as versatile as the 10 motif in the sense that you can wear it with a dress or even with jeans and a t shirt.
I pair mine with the large frivole earrings and tend to save it for spring and summer.
The clasp has a beautiful flower detail (a flower next to the clasp ) that looks beautiful if you wear your hair up.
The only drawback ( not really a big deal) is that sometimes the small flowers will flip.
I have even imagined joining two of these together to create the most amazing long necklace.....

Thanks so much for the reply! Great to hear you are enjoying the necklace so much -- it really is beautiful. Do you have any modeling pics by any chance?

Digging up an old thread, since I can't find too much recent info on this specific piece. I asked my SA about the Frivole 9 motif necklace with the pave on the mini motifs (VCARP3W600). She initially let me know that its not available anywhere in the US but I guess she was able to speak with some higher-ups and was able to secure one for me. I imagine she actually went to bat for me because I can't seem to find this necklace in stock in other countries' e-boutiques or some retail boutiques as well.

Does anyone have this necklace (or the completely non-pave version)? How do you like it? We live a fairly casual suburban life so hoping it can be good for casual wear as well. I think I would only spring for the necklace with the pave mini motifs as the pave helps to break up all the mirror yellow gold on the piece.

Reactions: sparklehop
Digging up an old thread, since I can't find too much recent info on this specific piece. I asked my SA about the Frivole 9 motif necklace with the pave on the mini motifs (VCARP3W600). She initially let me know that its not available anywhere in the US but I guess she was able to speak with some higher-ups and was able to secure one for me. I imagine she actually went to bat for me because I can't seem to find this necklace in stock in other countries' e-boutiques or some retail boutiques as well.

Does anyone have this necklace (or the completely non-pave version)? How do you like it? We live a fairly casual suburban life so hoping it can be good for casual wear as well. I think I would only spring for the necklace with the pave mini motifs as the pave helps to break up all the mirror yellow gold on the piece.
@sparklehop has the mirror frivole station necklace, and it is stunning on her. I hope she doesn’t mind if I post from this thread where she models it so beautifully. You may also find some additional posts about the frivole station necklace if you read through this thread dedicated to the Frivole line.

I do not own it but have several other Frivole pieces and have tried this necklace on. It looked gorgeous on and was something that I have thought about adding at some point. Go for it!

Something about mirror Frivole can be dressed both up and down I find...I wear my 3 flower earrings and necklace with everything from T shirts to a nice dress. This necklace has that mix of both mirror and pave and a whimsical look that makes me think it could go with a variety of outfits.

Does anyone have this necklace (or the completely non-pave version
I’ve tried on both so I will post both for you to compare! I ended up buying non-pave. I didn’t think the pave “showed up” enough to justify the extra cost if that makes sense. On a larger motif/station I think it would more but they put the pave on the smaller flowers. But it is so beautiful so you really can’t go wrong with either!
@sparklehop has the mirror frivole station necklace, and it is stunning on her. I hope she doesn’t mind if I post from this thread where she models it so beautifully. You may also find some additional posts about the frivole station necklace if you read through this thread dedicated to the Frivole line.

Of course and thank you :smile:
I do not own it but have several other Frivole pieces and have tried this necklace on. It looked gorgeous on and was something that I have thought about adding at some point. Go for it!

Something about mirror Frivole can be dressed both up and down I find...I wear my 3 flower earrings and necklace with everything from T shirts to a nice dress. This necklace has that mix of both mirror and pave and a whimsical look that makes me think it could go with a variety of outfits.
I do think it is something that can be dressed up or down too! I don’t wear it as much as I wish, I think that’ll change when the weather warms up though. I think I need to get more clothing with necklines that’ll work with it. I have a lot of “competing” clothing that it will clash and a more pendant-type or longer necklace is more fitting.

I was deciding between the small frivole pave and the 9 motif and I’m happy I went with the 9 motif but it’s possible I would get a pendant at some point (or the larger pave!).

Also I have a very small neck I had to get it shortened a good 1-2 inches can’t remember exactly. I almost considered shortening it more and wanted to share that during the day and movement it will ride up a little so don’t make it too short (just in case this applies to you too!).

Attachments

• IMG_6886.jpeg
    IMG_6886.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4470.jpeg
    IMG_4470.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 100
I’ve tried on both so I will post both for you to compare! I ended up buying non-pave. I didn’t think the pave “showed up” enough to justify the extra cost if that makes sense. On a larger motif/station I think it would more but they put the pave on the smaller flowers. But it is so beautiful so you really can’t go wrong with either!

Of course and thank you :smile:

I do think it is something that can be dressed up or down too! I don’t wear it as much as I wish, I think that’ll change when the weather warms up though. I think I need to get more clothing with necklines that’ll work with it. I have a lot of “competing” clothing that it will clash and a more pendant-type or longer necklace is more fitting.

I was deciding between the small frivole pave and the 9 motif and I’m happy I went with the 9 motif but it’s possible I would get a pendant at some point (or the larger pave!).

Also I have a very small neck I had to get it shortened a good 1-2 inches can’t remember exactly. I almost considered shortening it more and wanted to share that during the day and movement it will ride up a little so don’t make it too short (just in case this applies to you too!).

Thank you! I love your earrings too btw. They are the small versions, right? I want to get the small or large earrings but can't find them anywhere :sad:

I will likely go with the pave since I like the way it breaks up the mirroring metals... though the coughing up the money will make me cry. This will surely be, by far, the most expensive jewelry piece we've bought so far.

Do you find that the mini frivoles flip over all the time? That is probably my main reluctance with the necklace. If it does happen all the time, how much does it bother you?

I'm trying to decide between the necklace... or starting the bracelet stack by getting a small perlee clover bracelet, but necklace seems to call my name more and it seems to be a piece that's not readily in stock whereas the bracelet I can get any time.

• Love
Thank you! I love your earrings too btw. They are the small versions, right? I want to get the small or large earrings but can't find them anywhere :sad:

I will likely go with the pave since I like the way it breaks up the mirroring metals... though the coughing up the money will make me cry. This will surely be, by far, the most expensive jewelry piece we've bought so far.

Do you find that the mini frivoles flip over all the time? That is probably my main reluctance with the necklace. If it does happen all the time, how much does it bother you?

I'm trying to decide between the necklace... or starting the bracelet stack by getting a small perlee clover bracelet, but necklace seems to call my name more and it seems to be a piece that's not readily in stock whereas the bracelet I can get any time.
I hear you! I guess the rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper hahha.

It does flip. I don’t mind too too much esps in the mirrored it doesn’t look a whole lot different. My SA was like “it’s like nature” (yeah yeah)… I think it flips less if you make sure the necklace itself isn’t wound up if that makes sense. I always close it before putting it away and make sure it doesn’t get twisted and “activated”. I think shortening it helped too so it sits more properly. I can prob send you a pic of it flipped over if you want to see lmk.

My earrings are the small. My friend has a large they’re stunning I think they would be too heavy and bold for my taste though. She’s also much taller I’m very petite and small head haha I don’t know if they large one would suit me. That said I would say my ears are probably average size … haha

I would get the necklace!!! It’s a work of art. The bracelet would probably annoy me more that will definitely flip. Look great if you set it up for a photo but that’s it. I would only consider the frivole bangle which is actually the price that drew me to the line (although I ultimately haven’t taken the plunge yet… don’t think it’s a practical one for me with small kids!)

Reactions: citykitty24
I hear you! I guess the rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper hahha.

It does flip. I don’t mind too too much esps in the mirrored it doesn’t look a whole lot different. My SA was like “it’s like nature” (yeah yeah)… I think it flips less if you make sure the necklace itself isn’t wound up if that makes sense. I always close it before putting it away and make sure it doesn’t get twisted and “activated”. I think shortening it helped too so it sits more properly. I can prob send you a pic of it flipped over if you want to see lmk.

My earrings are the small. My friend has a large they’re stunning I think they would be too heavy and bold for my taste though. She’s also much taller I’m very petite and small head haha I don’t know if they large one would suit me. That said I would say my ears are probably average size … haha

I would get the necklace!!! It’s a work of art. The bracelet would probably annoy me more that will definitely flip. Look great if you set it up for a photo but that’s it. I would only consider the frivole bangle which is actually the price that drew me to the line (although I ultimately haven’t taken the plunge yet… don’t think it’s a practical one for me with small kids!)
Thanks! By the bracelet, I wasn’t referring to the Frivole bracelet. It’s the perlee sweet clovers bangle bracelet. The Frivole bangle is beautiful, but a bit too much for our lifestyle haha. We aren’t fancy enough to get enough use out of the Frivole bangle.

When the mini frivoles flip, do they stay in their flipped state indefinitely until you flip them back over or do they go back and forth?

Thanks! By the bracelet, I wasn’t referring to the Frivole bracelet. It’s the perlee sweet clovers bangle bracelet. The Frivole bangle is beautiful, but a bit too much for our lifestyle haha. We aren’t fancy enough to get enough use out of the Frivole bangle.

When the mini frivoles flip, do they stay in their flipped state indefinitely until you flip them back over or do they go back and forth?
I haven’t noticed enough and I guess I can’t see it the whole time to know for sure, but I think if it’s not twisted it will flip back.

I have the perlee clover bangle the wide one and love that one, zero regrets!! I took off my love bracelet and it’s been no turning back (I don’t stack bracelets - would maybe do 2 at most but these are very different vibes.

I would maybe then do bracelet first! You get to see and enjoy the bracelet! The necklace is is for others to see most of the time ;)

Then get the frivole later! I hope I’m not making this more confusing. I actually got the perlee after, but I also had other bangles I was wearing regularly. I really wanted to complete my frivole set

Reactions: etudes and jk777
I haven’t noticed enough and I guess I can’t see it the whole time to know for sure, but I think if it’s not twisted it will flip back.

I have the perlee clover bangle the wide one and love that one, zero regrets!! I took off my love bracelet and it’s been no turning back (I don’t stack bracelets - would maybe do 2 at most but these are very different vibes.

I would maybe then do bracelet first! You get to see and enjoy the bracelet! The necklace is is for others to see most of the time ;)

Then get the frivole later! I hope I’m not making this more confusing. I actually got the perlee after, but I also had other bangles I was wearing regularly. I really wanted to complete my frivole set
Gotcha. Thank you! We have an appointment this weekend with our SA (5th weekend in a row at VCA lol... the addiction is real). Will report back on what we come home with!