Polene - Numero Deux

Let me know if you find any reviews on this bag please. Thanks in advance
I ordered it and received it Monday, first day using it today so dont have much feedback on use. I'll add a few photos below so you can view.
First impression:-
-Less suede on bag than i taught(i hadnt seen the back of bag - luckily this is leather, i was afraid it would be suede).
-Nice big slip pocket on back of bag to put your phone in.
-Two zipped pockets hold more than you think without changing shape of bag, - i've an umbrella in one of my zipped compartments. Todays contents, i've keys, card holder, lippie, lip balm, lip pencil, headphones(ones that come with iphone), work ID, packet of tissues 7 umbrella.
In photo's i think on shoulder bag looks very long(I'm 5'5) but i didnt notice this in real life might be just bad photo.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_1175.JPG
    IMG_1175.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 739
  • IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_1174.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 718
I ordered it and received it Monday, first day using it today so dont have much feedback on use. I'll add a few photos below so you can view.
-Less suede on bag than i taught(i hadnt seen the back of bag - luckily this is leather, i was afraid it would be suede).
-Two zipped pockets hold more than you think without changing shape of bag, - i've an umbrella in one of my zipped compartments. Todays contents, i've keys, card holder, lippie, lip balm, lip pencil, headphones(ones that come with iphone), work ID, packet of tissues 7 umbrella.
In photo's i think on shoulder bag looks very long(I'm 5'5) but i didnt notice this in real life might be just bad photo.
Thanks a lot for the details. It looks great on you. The crossbody looks like a good length too. I think it should work well for me too. I am 5'7. You did get it really soon too. I am in Canada. Don't know how long it would take. I have been looking for a structured crossbody.

Hi, I ordered the bag feb 1st and email confirmation said it would be shipped 25th Feb(I think it also showed this when I added to cart) I got the actual shipping confirmation last Friday 1st March and it arrived Monday 3rd March, I’m in Europe(Ireland) so not sure how long to get to Canada.

I ordered it 3/3 and got it on 3/11, first impression:
  • Lightweight, comfortable to wear
  • The Polene logo is higher profile than I'd like, I have the number un mini and much prefer that faint imprint logo hardware.
  • Double strap on shoulder hangs really nicely, single strap (crossbody) too long on me (I'm 5'2")
  • Turnlock closure is smooth and easy to operate.
  • Love the external back pocket for phone, it's big and deep that it's easy to get the phone in/out.
  • Will pre-treat it with suede spray if I keep the bag (also did this for numbero un mini, works great, still looks new after 5 months), I haven't worn it out yet, can't decide if I should keep it or not, I really want a bag that I can use for up coming months but I'm not sure if this is super compatible with spring summer & light color clothes, trying it with different outfits to see how it fits me.

Attachments

• IMG_5BD19DF6EB9C-1.jpeg
    IMG_5BD19DF6EB9C-1.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_16ADF8651794-1.jpeg
    IMG_16ADF8651794-1.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_22F92E9B6AD6-1.jpeg
    IMG_22F92E9B6AD6-1.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_45504CAF35A7-1.jpeg
    IMG_45504CAF35A7-1.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 648
Thank you for these very detailed photos. I'm considering getting the burgundy. I have a few questions, since there's very little information on the site.
1. Would you consider the bag to be lightweight? I do realize that this is subjective, and partly depends on how much is carried in the bag, but what's your sense of the bag when it's empty?
2. In addition to the two large zipped compartments, is there an additional inside little mini-zipped compartment on the back of the bag? I always need one of these to keep my car keys... I hate digging around for them!
3. I'm just barely 5 feet tall. I see that the strap is NOT adjustable, the way it is on the Numero Uno. So I would think I'd have to carry it with the strap doubled. Do you think, even carried that way, it would be too long for me? And is it too bulky with the strap doubled?
4. You mentioned that the outside back pocket holds your phone. Which phone do you have?
5. What's your opinion of the quality of the leather?

Thanks in advance for your help! :flowers:

Hi, please find my answers to your questions...
1.Is the bag lightweight - Actually for the size i find it heavy enough, the leather is quite thick(i have the mock croc). Its not heavy enough for it to be an issue but its not light either.
2.There is no inside zipped compartment, there is a slip pocket in the back compartment of bag but there isnt a zip on this like most other handbags.
3. I think at 5ft the strap might be long, i'm 5ft 5 and find it long on me, more than 50% of the time i wear the strap doubled, i like it this way.
4. iPhone 7+ fits without issue with plenty of room.
5. I think because i got the croc version the leather is quite 'thick" and "hard" i'm hoping this will wear well. I'm not sure what regular leather is like.

Reactions: ElainePG
Hi, please find my answers to your questions...
1.Is the bag lightweight - Actually for the size i find it heavy enough, the leather is quite thick(i have the mock croc). Its not heavy enough for it to be an issue but its not light either.
2.There is no inside zipped compartment, there is a slip pocket in the back compartment of bag but there isnt a zip on this like most other handbags.
3. I think at 5ft the strap might be long, i'm 5ft 5 and find it long on me, more than 50% of the time i wear the strap doubled, i like it this way.
4. iPhone 7+ fits without issue with plenty of room.
5. I think because i got the croc version the leather is quite 'thick" and "hard" i'm hoping this will wear well. I'm not sure what regular leather is like.
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all my questions, @Croker :flowers:.

Unfortunately, the lack of an inside zipped back pocket (#2) is a deal-breaker for me. Every time I try to tell myself that I can manage without this feature, I end up selling the bag within the first year. Dang. I really like the look of the bag.

I'll keep my eye on the Polene site, and see what else they come up with in the next year. Maybe there will be another design that will work for me. The Numero Uno, I'm quite sure, would overwhelm me, and the mini size of that design is just another mini bag that I don't need!

FYI, after I bought the bag online I sent an email to Polene asking why I hadn't been informed that the bag was available -- I had filled out the form months ago requesting notification when it was back in stock. They replied that they had received only a small number of this bag, didn't expect it to stay in stock long and thus didn't sent out an email to those who had filled in the notice request form. :hrmm: On the upside, I did get confirmation that mine has been shipped.

FYI, after I bought the bag online I sent an email to Polene asking why I hadn't been informed that the bag was available -- I had filled out the form months ago requesting notification when it was back in stock. They replied that they had received only a small number of this bag, didn't expect it to stay in stock long and thus didn't sent out an email to those who had filled in the notice request form. :hrmm: On the upside, I did get confirmation that mine has been shipped.
Weird business practice?? Lol. But glad you're getting yours!!

Reactions: Passerine123
At least you have gotten a response. I have asked them questions and NEVER received a reply.

Reactions: Passerine123