Anyone have one panel of the Madison Patent Shoulderbag wrinkle

lovacoach

Oct 6, 2010
I have the Red Crimson Madison shoulderbag and one of the four panels(2 on front and 2 on back) is crinkled or wrinkled only one. It didn't come that way, I bought it about the second week they were out, carry it daily, but Im a stay at home mom and I usually just take wristlet when im running the kids around, So usually I carry it when I go any where else.

Why only one panel, Do you think it's a defect?

The leather used in the patent shoulder bags are thinner than traditional patent leather and due to the patent process used, these bag will show wrinkles eventually.

I wouldn't consider this a defect. If you pick up any one of the thinner patent bags on display and you fiddle with it, you will see it wrinkle. It may not stay wrinkled at first, but eventually it will resemble the 'crinkle patent' leather.

I noticed the same thing...I went to my FP store during the last PCE and wanted to purchase the crimson patent shoulder bag. They only had 1 left and the front left panel was really wrinkled while the rest of the bag was smooth, so I refused to purchase it. They were not willing to locate another one because they still had one in stock and kept telling me that it was normal and eventually the entire bag would do this. I ended up purchasing a used one off Bonanza w/a wrinkled side panel (owner disclosed this and included pics...wonderful tpf'er). I would much rather start with a wrinkled side panel. :yes:

My SA was discouraging a customer from buying a patent shoulder bag yesterday because of the wrinkled bubble trouble. You could see the one on display was already having some issues. The bag looked like it had blisters!

I honestly don't think it's going to wrinkle that bad over time, but it's nice to start off with one as even as possible on all sides. I never realized the difference in wrinkles until I got a Tribeca patent tote. I decided to return the smaller size and get the larger one. I was comparing the two and noticed that my small one was super wrinkled whereas the large one was smooth. I prefer the smoother texture, but don't mind some wrinkles since that is normal.

i've been wondering is this is common with coach patent leather as well...i personally wouldn't mind if the entire bag eventually resembled a crinkled patent, but i worry that it won't wrinkle evenly. i was discussing it with a couple of SA's in store who tried to convince me it would be fine, but i have my doubts. i have patent LV pieces, and not a wrinkle in sight with heavy use! my bag is to be shipped to me, so i will have to evaluate when it comes (camel patent madison). i did notice that the wrinkles are not as easily seen on the darker patents