Anyone have luck getting replacement straps?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ladies,

I'm looking to purchase a black twisted lil' riz on *bay. I found one that is going cheap because it is missing the longer detachable strap. Has anyone had luck getting a replacement strap for their Riz or Hilliers?

Thanks!!

2. I think some ladies here have found it separately or Diego sent them (I think, but it was a diff bag & he had a spare).

3. Thanks for responding! I e-mailed Diego this morning, I just wanted to get an idea of whether people had had any luck doing this in the past, just in case the auction ended before I heard back from him.

4. Diego already responded and he is sending me a replacement strap!! He is a miracle worker! :yahoo: Thank you Diego!!

5. yaya I'm glad it worked out for you! I hope you get the bag! :biggrin:

6. I need a replacement for a tan Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo...badly! I have wanted an MJ bag for so long and finally I have the opportunity to purchase a beautiful one in my price range, though without the strap. Do you know where I can get one/ is 'Diego' someone I could get in touch with?
    Thanks so much!
    Emily

7. Yea, heres his thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/mj-reapir-center-452631.html

And his emails:
    repairs@marcjacobs.com
    d.atehortua@marcjacobs.com

8. that's awesome! :yahoo:

9. Wow - I hate to be the debbie downer here, but I was looking for a black replacement strap for my black pw stam. I started asking repairs in the 3rd week of November and after many many many very polite email, finally got one in February - in cream color.:sad:

So my experience with repairs hasn't been the same delight as other tPFers. :shucks:

10. I have the MJ hobo hillier purse in newsprint color. The strap is a little short to make it a comfortable crossbody bag. I was wondering if there was any way i could purchase an extra strap in the same color for it.... or if i could purchase a strap for the large hobo hillier. Please let me know. Thank you!!

11. that's too bad. maybe they didn't have back though. i would think the cream color could be easily dyed to match though :tup:

12. ^ITA with Jun. Cream would be easy to dye to black.

13. I was hoping for something that I could dye! Unfortunately, I was sent me the exact same chain that I was trying to replace, the solid chain without the leather shoulder strap in the center. So I just shrugged, decided that it wasn't meant to be and sold the bag.... :shucks:

14. agdsfsdaf

15. how quick did you get the strap?