Anyone Have Experience with TNT.com Shipping?

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I purchased an item on eBay, $400 range, from Spain. This is not a country I usually purchase from. The item was shipped via TNT shipping, which has been acquired by FedEx. The tracking number works nowhere but TNT, not on Fedex. The tracking shows the item left Spain, went to a hub in Holland, and then showed up in the US. The tracking is maddeningly vague. It will show date of arrival at a Hub, but not city or state. It says things like "United States Central -Shipment now at depot nearest to delivery address."

Today it showed out for delivery to Montgomery, United States. There are a lot of Montgomerys in the US. Mine is in Alabama. Now it says business closed or recipient unavailable. We've been here waiting all day. I'm starting to doubt it will show up. Calls to FedEx have been unproductive, as they transfer me to TNT which is an answering machine.

To make matters worse, the seller put a ridiculous delivery window of now to December 7th. So if it doesn't show up I guess I get to wait until next month to claim INR?