Anyone have experience with Dr Michael Byun for face lifts in Chicago?

I'll take a look at Dr Julius Few ^^

Do you think age 29-30 is too young for a face lift? Dr. Byun suggested that I get a muscle lift on certain parts of my face (but not the whole face). I can see where he is coming from, I think some parts of my face sag due to bone structure - but I was wondering if it's common or normal to get lifts done at my age. I have never heard of anyone my age getting face lifts.

I am thinking of going for a face lift, and this doctor in Chicago does a face lift based on "muscle lift". I don't have a lot of knowledge around plastic surgery in general.

Does anyone have experience with this doctor? What's so special about "muscle lift" face lift?
I haven't been to Byun but he's on my list. He was the inventor of the vertical facelift using Endotine clips. He operated on his wife
Byun technique of midface through lower eyes.jpg

Do you think age 29-30 is too young for a face lift? Dr. Byun suggested that I get a muscle lift on certain parts of my face (but not the whole face). I can see where he is coming from, I think some parts of my face sag due to bone structure - but I was wondering if it's common or normal to get lifts done at my age. I have never heard of anyone my age getting face lifts.
It seems very young to me.

Reactions: HollyHoHighly
It seems very young to me.
I beg to differ. If you need it you need it, even if you are 29-30. Of course some places would recommend a threadlift but (a) it's around $2,000 up to $2,500 and only last 12 months so save your money for a facelift. There are many girls in their mid 20's who have had to do mini facelifts because they have had facial contouring. It's a fact of life when you cut bone off your face you must be prepared to pay for a mini facelift. Most girls are happy to do so as a trade-off for a VLine KPop star face.

If you google certain types of plastic surgery procedures, the general rule seems to be that they are indicated for 40+.
It does appear that there is a minority of TPF members that have plastic surgery at a younger age, but perhaps not for maintenance that could go for decades. I know very little (having embarked on the bare minimum at age 54), but as your concern is sag due to bone structure, do you mean that you would like to correct and maintain due to gravity? Bc if so, perhaps filler, laser, and Botox et al might suit. (For example, I know my plastic surgeon sometimes suggests non surgical means to deal with rings and sagging on the neck). It helps when your dermatologist and plastic surgeon are kind of working in tandem.

I do think if you are asking whether age 29 is too young, pause and think long and hard before making any decision; don’t be pushed into anything; and, strive for the minimum necessary to attain the result you want. It’s also possible that you may want to go slowly and do things in stages. Bc if you start at 29, chances are you will have other procedures for maintenance, upkeep and new areas. I do know that I was personally not ready to consider anything until I was much older. Good luck.

ETA: among some Asians and heavy lidded caucasians, blepharoplasty seems like a starting place, sometimes at a younger age. But this doesn’t seem to be your issue.

Last edited:
I would just remember that every time you do a procedure, it leaves scar tissue. Even if your external scars are invisible, for instance a facelift requires sutures under the skin, and those sutures create scar tissue - no way around it.
The more scar tissue, the harder procedures become later on.
My best friend is a cosmetic surgeon, and she recently did a revision facelift on someone who had had not only a previous facelift, but several thread lifts, and she said the scarring was so thick internally from all of this that the operation took twice the amount of time and was insanely tricky. So imagine if you start at 29....what will you do at 59?

Reactions: A1aGypsy and 880