Anyone have experience with buyer's remorse?

joliu

O.G.
Aug 16, 2007
Hi,

I recently sold an LV bag on eBay to a buyer who now says she's unsure of its authenticity. I paid to have CarolDiva authenticate and the buyer still does not feel comfortable. I do not want to accept a return. Has anyone dealt with buyer's remorse as a seller? Did you go through a PayPal dispute?

Thanks in advance.

I def. agree you will get more responses in the ebay subforum. However if you have paid to have it authenticated the buyer really has no reason to file a SNAD based on authenticity. There is always a chance they will find something else "wrong" with it in order to file a SNAD. Paypal usually sides on the side of the buyer.
You can
1. Try to work it out with the buyer. She may just be nervous
2. Go through the SNAD process if she files and try to fight it
3. Just take the return and sell it to someone who is easier to deal with.

Good luck!!

I've never had this happen to me but I've heard of stories of people on *bay buying a real bag and then switching it for a fake. That is why some sellers have a security tag on the bag.

I've never had this happen to me but I've heard of stories of people on *bay buying a real bag and then switching it for a fake. That is why some sellers have a security tag on the bag.

I did put a security tag on, but because it was my first time doing so, I don't know if I put it on securely enough (did a homemade tag). Next time, I would take the time to get one of those Tyvek tags. Also, I am worried about the condition of the bag if I accepted the return as she has had it for a week . . .

If you know the purse you sold is authentic and it was sold in the condition you described, I wouldn't accept a return. Buyers remorse is not a reason you should have to go through the hassle of accepting the return, issuing a refund and then trying to fight Paypal and eBay fees and have to resell the bag. Stick to your guns and fight should she try to put in a dispute. You have your pictures and Carol Diva's authentication to back you up on this. Just my opinion.

I def. agree you will get more responses in the ebay subforum. However if you have paid to have it authenticated the buyer really has no reason to file a SNAD based on authenticity. There is always a chance they will find something else "wrong" with it in order to file a SNAD. Paypal usually sides on the side of the buyer.
You can
1. Try to work it out with the buyer. She may just be nervous
2. Go through the SNAD process if she files and try to fight it
3. Just take the return and sell it to someone who is easier to deal with.

Good luck!!

I referred the buyer to this forum earlier, so she may be reading this. LOL

I posted on the subforum and got a few responses. I also called PayPal and it appears that if she does file an SNAD, I would prevail with an official letter from CarolDiva.

I hope it does not escalate to the PayPal because it is a pain, but I am prepared to defend myself. I have just put so much time and effort into this, and for someone to question the authenticity of something I guarantee and have a 3rd party verify is just frustrating. I've been trying to be patient with her and have communicated with her extensively to ease her mind. I do, however, believe it is more buyer's remorse though . . .

As for accepting the return, I do not wish to because even though I put homemade security tags on, I still worry about the bait and switch. Also, she's had the bag for a week now and I cannot be sure she hasn't used it (my security tags could have been tucked inside for her to wear out) . . .

Thanks for listening.

If you know the purse you sold is authentic and it was sold in the condition you described, I wouldn't accept a return. Buyers remorse is not a reason you should have to go through the hassle of accepting the return, issuing a refund and then trying to fight Paypal and eBay fees and have to resell the bag. Stick to your guns and fight should she try to put in a dispute. You have your pictures and Carol Diva's authentication to back you up on this. Just my opinion.

Thank you for understanding! :biggrin:

The terrible thing is since it is such a buyer's world on ebay now, they can still file a SNAD and will get their money back most likely. But fight it and see what happens. Sellers have won.

The buyer is unsure of authenticity but has nothing to back it up. You have had it authenticated by CarolDiva. If the buyer is basing her case solely on authenticity, you have a good chance of winning.

Often what buyers will do though is hedge their bets and go on to say that the bag is not in the condition described in the listing. These claims are almost always won by the buyer (and we can blame the multitude of sellers who do not describe their items accurately for this one).

Good luck.

Unfortunately, as others have stated, eBay is very bias toward the buyer these days. If the buyer attempts to file a SNAD disputing the bag's authenticity after you've had it authenticated, you are covered; however, if the buyer files a SNAD for any other reason, she will likely win. :sad: