Anyone have different vachetta patina on strap?

Feb 4, 2009
I use my mon mono only when I travel and the last time I got on a plane, I noticed that the back strap was a wholly different color from the other vachetta (the whole strap). It’s weird bc I usually wear mine with my initials on the inside as much as it is on the outside- so it can’t be the exposure. Any clues as to what this is and any quick fixes? I even tried putting mink oil on that back strap twice to no avail. Front (last pic) and back photos for reference. TIA!

ADD12179-FB6A-433E-AD95-75E3050FCFB1.jpeg

555DF6CA-A160-4ABD-BCFA-42E230EC6B31.jpeg

2753A635-BCA1-45CD-984E-C9AD62DBC88D.jpeg

Reactions: Mariapia
Oh I love your colours :heart::heart::heart: these are the exact same Mon Mono colours that I was eyeing. Amazing :smile:
On the vachetta: my Noé strap has 50 shades of tan, it is made up of a dozen pieces of leather, but even a single one has different colour on one end than the other. It doesn't bother me, this is the natural beauty of untreated leather, makes it just as unique as any other wear that occurs while travelling.

Oh I love your colours :heart::heart::heart: these are the exact same Mon Mono colours that I was eyeing. Amazing :smile:
On the vachetta: my Noé strap has 50 shades of tan, it is made up of a dozen pieces of leather, but even a single one has different colour on one end than the other. It doesn't bother me, this is the natural beauty of untreated leather, makes it just as unique as any other wear that occurs while travelling.
Thanks! Yes I love this color scheme so much, I’m planning on getting a suitcase to match! Thanks for your reassuring comment. I have a lot of bags with vachetta but this is the first time just one piece of the bag shows one color and the rest, another.

Reactions: BULL
My Mon Mono Speedy B 25 arrived with pale vachetta as with it's strap. It's almost 2 years and there is a noticeable difference in the handles and strap. It doesn't bother me too much.

Reactions: Melli12