Tech Anyone have an iPad AND iPad Mini?

ooo

May 4, 2012
I have an older iPad.

The iPad Mini is kind of tempting.

I can't see the need for both, but wonder if anyone has both and uses both.

I have a Nook Simple Touch, but rarely read on it anymore because it's a small hassle to have to connect my Nook to a PC to download free library books every single time. And I don't often buy books.

Anyone use their iPad Mini as an e-reader?

I have an older iPad.

The iPad Mini is kind of tempting.

I can't see the need for both, but wonder if anyone has both and uses both.

I have a Nook Simple Touch, but rarely read on it anymore because it's a small hassle to have to connect my Nook to a PC to download free library books every single time. And I don't often buy books.

Anyone use their iPad Mini as an e-reader?

I had the original iPad but it was so bulky it was inconvenient I thought. I bought a mini and use it for reading and viewing movies. I have a Kindle, but put all of my kindle books on the ipad with the kindle app and also have ibooks app, so yes I read on my mini. Some people don't like the small size, but to me it is like a paperback reading size, no big deal. I no longer use the regular iPad. As I said, too big and bulky. Perhaps the newer models 'feel' a lot better , though I am happy with my mini. I pretty much only use the ipbooks for buying books, no longer use the kindle.

I had the original iPad but it was so bulky it was inconvenient I thought. I bought a mini and use it for reading and viewing movies. I have a Kindle, but put all of my kindle books on the ipad with the kindle app and also have ibooks app, so yes I read on my mini. Some people don't like the small size, but to me it is like a paperback reading size, no big deal. I no longer use the regular iPad. As I said, too big and bulky. Perhaps the newer models 'feel' a lot better , though I am happy with my mini. I pretty much only use the ipbooks for buying books, no longer use the kindle.

Cool. The iPad Mini does seem like a good reading device. I'm surprised it feels so much lighter and less bulky than the regular iPad. My iPad does get a bit heavy if I read on it a few hours. (Apparently I have no muscle. Heh.)

I have the ipad 2 and bf have the mini, I have access to both. But I personally like the full size one more!

Interesting. Nice to have both around... I like the idea of the iPad mini size for carrying around places and reading, but it does seem like the larger iPad would be easier for typing and movies.

Interesting. Nice to have both around... I like the idea of the iPad mini size for carrying around places and reading, but it does seem like the larger iPad would be easier for typing and movies.

Yeah, the mini is ideal for reading. But for typing the bigger one is better. Typing on the mini is terrible because half the time u don't see what you're typing because the keyboard is covering the screen.

Have and using both the regular and Mini iPad :biggrin: the Regular one is often use when at home, mostly for editing photos just because it's easier to do with the bigger layout LOL The Mini is my to go gadget when going places nowadays. Love them both so far.

We have the iPad, iPad mini, kindle fire. recently broke my laptop and started using the IPad mini (which I am on right now), and i really like using the mini due to its size and portability. We had an iPad for a long time and I never cared for it because it was too big. The mini is just right.

Last edited:
I used to have the original iPad, but since it was used more by my bf, I decided to buy the mini iPad yesterday. Really useful and light to carry. I prefer this one :smile:

That's a really hard decision to make! I have an iPad 2 and I considered getting the smaller iPad. I decided against it because I like the big screen of the iPad for reading, writing, using it for work, going to video meetings/sessions, watching videos on Netflix, and playing games.

At this point, I'm waiting for the next iPad to come out (which should be hopefully in June).

I have the regular ipad, and work just supplied me with a mini (!) with 4g. I tend to travel with both of them as I find the larger one easier to use BECAUSE it's a bit bigger/heavier. However, I should have gotten it with a plan instead of having to use it with wifi. The mini works on cellular data (supplied by work as well) so it edges out the larger one for travel purposes.