Anyone have an Epi Speedy?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've been thinking about getting a preloved Epi Speedy 30. I've heard some people say the Epi leather marks easily. It worries me because the Speedy is such a 'box'. I'm afraid I'll accidentally hit it on things and have it all marked up in no time. Does anyone have experience with this?

2. I have an epi speedy 25. I originally wanted the 30, but it feelt so much biger than my canvas speedy 30 because it is so stiff. To me, the epi 25 is perfect. The opening is a little small, but I love the bag so much I don't mind. It is better to use with a smaller wallet, but I have used it many times with a full size zippy. As far as damage, it wears so well. I have a small wrinkle by the zipper, but again, I love the bag so I don't mind! Hope this helps :peace:

3. I have an epi speedy 25 as well and use it a lot. I have had mine for years and it hasn't gotten any scratches. I don't baby my bags by the way but I don't throw it around or put it on the floor either. I agree that the speedy 30 can look boxy due to the stiffness of the epi so I got the 25 instead. What I like about the epi is that it gives the bag structure so I don't need to use a base shaper plus I'm not into bags with too many logos unlike when I first started purchasing high-end bags eons ago so I like that the epi is not as common as the monogram or damier print (but that's just me).

4. I had an epi speedy and sold it, the 30 was too big for me, and I decided handheld bags not really for me.

5. I have a vintage epi speedy 25 and it's held it's shape well over the years. The leather is pretty sturdy and doesn't scratch easily at all. I don't particularly baby my epi speedy but no scratches or color transfer issues so far!

6. I had a 30 and 25. Sold the 30 because it was too big. My mom really liked the 25 (Toledo Blue) so I gave it to her. I still use it occasionally.

Corners are still in great condition and aside from a couple of wrinkles on the leather, she's still in great shape.

7. Hi!

I have a preloved yellow speedy 25 and love it. Of course with buying preloved, you have to really look out for one thats in a good condition. In my opinion it holds up really well.

I agree with previous posters about the size: the 25 and 30 are slightly bigger in epi than in Canvas . The 25 measures 27 cm.

Have fun getting your epi speedy. You will love it!