Anyone have a wrist tattoo or tragus piercing

i have my tragus pierced. and it hurt the most out of all my piercings (nose and lip). it was done with a straight needle since the shop was out of curved needles that day, so please request a curved needle. it also too the longest to heel-i do not have any tatoos to compare it to, but i still like it and haven't taked it out yet (5 years). sorry to sound so negative, but i just want to be honest with you.

Twinklette said:
no you didn't discourage me! Just affirmed what I thought could happen..I'll have to think about it. 6 mos. is a long time to suffer!!!

Ok - moron here :blink: but what is an industrial????

This is a picture of my industrial - basically a barbell that goes through the ear twice. It hurt, but it was worth it. I love it :heart: It was an anniversary gift from the bf :shame: This was taken in February 2005, right after I had it done. In that ear I also have my rook pierced, and my lobes were stretched to 4g (they're now 0g).

CristinasIndustrial.jpg

If you have any other tragus questions, PM me! :smile:

:shame: I didn't know what ear parts you were talking about so I had to google. Thought this pic might come in handy for reference.

Attachments

• earparts00rook.jpg
    earparts00rook.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 75,080
I have a star on the inside of my left wrist, which I got almost 6 years ago on my 25th birthday. It hurt a little, but not too much. I only had the outline drawn in. So the application didn't last long. I also have a color tatoo on my back--now that hurt quite a lot!

Wow you guys are the best! Cristina I love your piercings...awesome!!! And Cat that diagram is super helpful...I think I am going to pass on the tragus for now, chicken I know lol. Wrist tattoo it is! Either a heart, fairy, chinese symbol...not sure. I'll make sure it's what I want as it's permanent! I DO know that it will be teeny :smile:

My friend has a tattoo of a bow on her wrist & said it didn't really hurt at all.

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my wrist too, I want to wait a few more months though to make sure I REALLY love it, especially in a place so 'on show' LOL.. I want one that says 'Dreamer' in this nice font I found. :smile:

I have my wrists tattooed... well all of my arms. I wouldn't say it was too bad compared to other spots. The top of your wrist (your wrist bone) hurts a lot more than the underside. But I wouldn't base your opinion on the pain factor. If you want it, it will be worth it. If it's small it's not going to take long at all.

i have a tattoo and my tragus done, and if i had to pick either i'd definitly pick another tattoo. my tragus hurt like a mother and i couldnt talk on the phone with that ear for a while lol. but its totally worth it, and if you think you can stand it i say do it! its very empowering to get a new piercing or tattoo. i have 9 piercings and one lonely tat :sad: lol.

If you want a "teeny" tattoo, I'd really advise against the fairy... you'd need so much more detail than can be done in a tiny space and in a few years it WILL bleed or feather a little bit. Especially because the skin on your wrist is thin and delicate. Try to find pictures of people with older tattoos online- the simpler they are, the better they look over time.

I think everyones answer to this is going to be different. Different people, different pain tolerance. I am planning on getting something on the inside of my wrist, I dont plan on it hurting much at all. I've had my tongue pierced, my navel pierced and the top of my ear done and non of them hurt at all. I didnt even know my tongue was pierced until the lady told me to stick my tongue back in my mouth lmao.
If you want it, get it. The pain only lasts as long as it takes to get the tattoo! A little sore after, but if you can stand the tattoo pain, the soreness will be a breeze.