Anyone have a Tracy? Thoughts?

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
I'm contemplating this bag in brown. It's just so compelling to me for some reason - vintage looking with a touch of metallic. I like the lines of this bag.

Anyone have this bag who can post their experience with the leather, durability of current styles? I bought a Natasha a few years ago and loved the thickness of the leather but not sure about how it's going currently...? Not too many threads about this bag when doing a search.

Thanks to all!! :yes:

I don't think there is too many of us who bought any new Fall bags. Alot of chose to stick with Koobas older seasons. I can't remember anyone saying they bought this bag.
A couple years ago you would find alot of us buying up new season bags right away. Lately most of us have become quite conservative due to Koobas leathers not being as consistant and not up to the quality level of past years.

I think I only ended up buying 2 of the Spring bags and I sold both. In past years I had bought 10 or more.

Ah well that would make sense. I was wondering why there were no responses. Thx for responding just the same. Interesting to know the quality has dwindled. That's unfortunate for such a popular brand.

If you check Kooba auctions on ebay you will see many bags from this Spring listed, and so many have obvious problems: leather that's spotted and faded in large areas, light areas that look like someone poured bleach on them or at best the dye failed almost immediately. Not to mention, handles coming undone, tears in the seamed areas, spotting, you name it, you can find it.

Just check out listings and you will notice that the bags people are bidding on are the older bags, some NWT and others pre-owned. The leather on older Koobas is gorgeous, strong, ages well and holds up. The only fault I see once in awhile is shredding whipstitching, especially on Siennas. The older bags are here to stay, Kooba really needs to rethink whatever they messed up on with the Spring creations.

I am thinking about the Brady and have an eye for when that one starts popping up. I will say that the old Marcelle and Lucy I did have held up much better than the newer ones I still have now. I purchased a pink callie for summer and it actually did hold up pretty well. Very minimal difference in color of the dye in areas, one was my fault, mishap accident - long to explain. But since I used and still use lovin my bags products my bags seem to be looking and staying great. My callie just got cleaned and conditioned and put away for next summer. I am thinking I will use her but will probably flip her on ebay then for a new style that they come out with, if I like any. I thought about selling her now but going into winter and this being a hot pink callie I think it may be better to wait, she's in reall good condition so if I wait till spring/summertime may due better or very least the same as they are going now, so it won't hurt to wait. I also have the denim Natasha and I really like carrying that bag and probably will do so off and on for fall too. It goes perfectly with denim and I have had no problem with the color or anything on her but she is coated denim and not leather. I like that one and don't plan on giving her up, even though many may not like denim and want the leather bag, it really is a nice look with denim jeans. Presently I have cheated and found an AWESOME GUSTTO Parina bag in Beige. It is such a lucious color and the leather is to die for and I love the big hobo slouchy bags so this one was calling my name. I got a great deal on her too, only paid $280 total (included shipping) and new with tags great condition. Only downside with Gustto is their hardware is wimpy. The zipper IMO are like....WHAT???? I mean they are really thin and almost on the cheap side looking, don't smoothly close like the Koobas do and also the inside has the yellow gustto logo print (which I personally don't mind that) but the inside pocket on the parina suck. There are two and one is leather trimmed so nice but it looks like it should be used for lipgloss, pens or maybe a cellphone but it really isn't long enough. I find that my things will fall out of that pocket pretty easily and then the other wider pocket is like just wide and their, I mean it is hard to get anything to hold in it. It is long width wide but now depth wise so things don't want to stay in that one and no leather trim with it. So that is my thing. I love the look of the bag, hate the zippers, don't mind the golden buttons for hardware but the inside pockets are the worst for how much this bag cost when new and it was so popular back then. Besides all that this is one I will probably keep for a long time because it is just so cute on and fits my style and the leather is the best I have come across in a long long time. Heard Gusttos newer styles have updated some of the hardware, lining, and pocket issues but I don't like any of their newer style bags. So that is my summertime story, sorry for being so long. If anyone else owns a Gustto Parina please let me know what you think about the hardware, pockets and lining. She still is pretty though......:cutesy:

Mama, there are many threads on Gustto bags in the main forum. You'd have to do a search on them. Alot of us in Kooba also had Gusttos. I've had 3-4 Gusttos and most of the threads were based on the Lovely leather and yet the horrible cheap quality of their inners. We called it Ghetto lining. Inside zippers were cheap and you couldn't find one that looked the same.
However, in their newer bags, the lining has improved to an all light brown in some bags. Most of us have moved on and sold all of our Gusttos. You can't help but adore their outsides while hating their insides.

Yes I totally agree. I have adored the Parnia the first time i seen Jessica Alba wearing it and wanted one, but have always been with Kooba. I have always watched on ebay off and on and finally seen one listed for a price of like $380.00, still too high considering that it is older and all so I decided to give it a shot and see if the seller would come down. Well I got the bag for $280.00 and that included the shipping for brand new with tags. I think that wasn't a bad deal with how much the bag went for and it is hard to find one in this color, new and authentic. Think I got her because she listed it a couple of times before I offered her that. Actually now that I am thinking I may have gotten that baby for $260.00 with shipping, let me check my paypal acct. Yes, I did get it for $260.00 total. I do love her and she looks great, the leather is to die for and I love the huge bags and just for reference I am really tiny, about 5 foot 3 and 110 pounds and I still carry the big bags. I think they look fine on me and get complimented all the time so I think you smaller framed gals out there would be fine with the bigger bags but it is a personal preference and how you would feel carrying it. I have had guys comment, what you carrying your luggage there, but oppinions don't really matter because I love my big bags and won't change for the world. And it is oh so funny when hubby will remark on how huge my bag is BUT when we are someplace what do I hear, "Hey babe can you put this in your purse, wallet, keys, sunglasses...I mean couldn't do that with a little one. Another plus is when we go to movies everyone's candy and anything else goes in my bag without a problem whatsoever, dont' tell anyone....lol Back to topic with the Gustto (or I guess a bit off topic) I love it and won't sell it prob for some time but the zippers, linings and pockets are rediculous. I just can't believe they would make them so cheap. The smooth way my Kooba zippers roll closed is not the way the Gustto Parina does at all. That is my only gripe. I also wish Kooba would hit back to their roots a bit with style and with leather in general for their bags too. I like a couple of the newer styles but a lot of times they have to frow on me, like the Blake, I was on the fence but now would like one in the carmel colored patent or black patent. I really want to wait and see what the Brady looks like that one has my eye since I seen it on their site, but definitely miss the older Koobas. Those were the best by all means. Kooba, HELLO - are you listneing????..............:P

Both my Elisha & my Talia are out for repair because of divets & scratches. The soft leather doesn't seem to hold up very well. My yellow elisha has problem with darkening in random spots & the finish on the hardware seems chincy. It's looking pretty ghetto right now. LOL! My ginger has never gone in for repairs and still looks nice.

I have it and I LOVE it! It's so comfortable and easy to get in and out of (big pluses for me). And I love bigger bags so this is perfect. It has 2 large pockets inside for easy access to wallets, phones, etc. I've only had it for a month, but have been using it almost daily and it's holding up great. It seems very durable- not a bag I feel like I have to baby. Love, love, love for me! I don't know much about Kooba (I'm a Chanel girl and this is my first Kooba), so I can't compare it to previous Kooba's but I would buy it again in a heartbeat. HTH.

Oops! Forgot to post my pics.

kooba2-1.jpg

kooba-1.jpg

^ Your Tracy looks gorgeous! And does it fit comfortably on your shoulder? I remember first seeing the style as an Eco tote I believe on Barney's. I am happy Kooba choose to do it in leather and then with studs on suede.