Anyone Have a Tom Ford Jennifer Bag?

coxswain1

Dec 6, 2013
I just ordered a Tom Ford Medium Jennifer Simple Zip. I've always liked the Jennifer bag, but never pulled the trigger because the flap was too much for me. Does anyone own a TF bag? The leather looks beautiful and I am curious how they hold up. I'm buying this bag to use as my under the radar, travel bag that I don't feel bad about putting down or letting my 4-year old touch. You can't bring a Chanel everywhere, right? I'd love to hear your experiences with this brand.thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg

Reactions: Molly0 and prepster
i don't have one but i love the jennifer bag the one with the flap but it's quite an expensive bag so i haven't pull the trigger yet
but yours looks yummy. i never seen one irl, how is it? is the bag heavy ? i love the hardware from the pictures, is it good irl?
btw congratulation on the bag :smile:

Unfortunately, this one is being returned. The hardware is much brighter in person with more of a orange tone. The leather was nice, but not amazing. And the pebbling was large and not as refined as the picture.

I might try the Jennifer with a flap. But only if I can see it in real life.

I'm looking at buying a Tom Ford bag as well. What are your thoughts on the leather? Quality?

i don't have one but i love the jennifer bag the one with the flap but it's quite an expensive bag so i haven't pull the trigger yet
but yours looks yummy. i never seen one irl, how is it? is the bag heavy ? i love the hardware from the pictures, is it good irl?
btw congratulation on the bag :smile:

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
Unfortunately, this one is being returned. The hardware is much brighter in person with more of a orange tone. The leather was nice, but not amazing. And the pebbling was large and not as refined as the picture.

Thank you for letting me know....

Reactions: coxswain1
I own one and love it. I saw one on sale in Munich last year. I knew nothing about the Jennifer flap bag before but I was impressed enough to buy the bag right away. Strap is long enough to be a cross body. Low profile, no big logo. Hold more than I expect. Pretty much carefree. Very nice leather and hardwares. Trust me on the quality. Perfect for traveling.

I agree the pebbling is kinda large. But it doesn't bother me. Indeed I like it this way. It gives the bag more characters. And I don't need to baby it.

I know this is old thread,but instead of making new thread I wanted to ask question here.
Jennifer bag evloved into many different straps and sizes compared to back when Aniston is first started to be photographed withe HER bag.

Can't find too many photos online actual people with this bag. But for some reason most of this bag never look as good as Jennifer Aniston is actually carrying.
Her bag have more shine to the leather and zipper looks bigger? I think shape even looks different a bit.

Then off course now most of this bag use PEBBLED LEATHER.. it's more bulky ?

So,anyone who own this bag,do you feel like it is same bag as Jennifer's or we can never purchase exact same quality as Jen's bag.

I know this is old thread,but instead of making new thread I wanted to ask question here.
Jennifer bag evloved into many different straps and sizes compared to back when Aniston is first started to be photographed withe HER bag.

Can't find too many photos online actual people with this bag. But for some reason most of this bag never look as good as Jennifer Aniston is actually carrying.
Her bag have more shine to the leather and zipper looks bigger? I think shape even looks different a bit.

Then off course now most of this bag use PEBBLED LEATHER.. it's more bulky ?

So,anyone who own this bag,do you feel like it is same bag as Jennifer's or we can never purchase exact same quality as Jen's bag.
I've very recently become obsessed with the Jennifer bag... have a black one currently on order from Farfetch, which should arrive on Monday. There's not much information on TPF or elsewhere about these bags, but I have found that there is a pebbled leather version (which I ordered) and a calf leather, which is more expensive, smoother leather, and looks more like JA's bags at a glance. I feel like I'd like the calf leather better, but I'm going to see how I feel about the pebbled leather bag when it arrives and if the style even works for me, since I've never seen it in person. Will report back! :biggrin:

I've very recently become obsessed with the Jennifer bag... have a black one currently on order from Farfetch, which should arrive on Monday. There's not much information on TPF or elsewhere about these bags, but I have found that there is a pebbled leather version (which I ordered) and a calf leather, which is more expensive, smoother leather, and looks more like JA's bags at a glance. I feel like I'd like the calf leather better, but I'm going to see how I feel about the pebbled leather bag when it arrives and if the style even works for me, since I've never seen it in person. Will report back! :biggrin:
Michelle,thanks,please let me know!
You must be excited to see it in person.

Michelle,thanks,please let me know!
You must be excited to see it in person.
Reporting in! Bag finally received today after being stuck in customs for a couple days. I really like it... definitely my style and a bag I would use daily. HOWEVER, I dont' care for the pebbled leather. It's quite matte and the lining is textile rather than leather. So I'm going to send it back and when I'm in the US next month I'm going to buy one of the higher priced smooth leather versions, which look more like what JA carries. Hopefully they'll have multiple color options. Good luck in your Jennifer hunt!

Mine went back too because of the pebbling. I thought it was too large.

*** Make sure you take a photo of your return tracking number. I called 2 weeks after it arrived back at Tom Ford. They wouldn't have refunded my money if I hadn't called looking for it. And they never answer their customer service line.

Reporting in! Bag finally received today after being stuck in customs for a couple days. I really like it... definitely my style and a bag I would use daily. HOWEVER, I dont' care for the pebbled leather. It's quite matte and the lining is textile rather than leather. So I'm going to send it back and when I'm in the US next month I'm going to buy one of the higher priced smooth leather versions, which look more like what JA carries. Hopefully they'll have multiple color options. Good luck in your Jennifer hunt!

Reactions: michelle217

THANKS for the report!
I like the smooth leather one too!
This bag comes in many different size and strap choices etc,it seems harder to find ORIGINAL JA ones...

Good luck with your bag search too!!

Reactions: michelle217
Mine went back too because of the pebbling. I thought it was too large.

*** Make sure you take a photo of your return tracking number. I called 2 weeks after it arrived back at Tom Ford. They wouldn't have refunded my money if I hadn't called looking for it. And they never answer their customer service line.
I bought from Farfetch and I know they have amazing returns. No problems so far, anyway! I'm looking forward to visiting the Tom Ford store in Las Vegas, hoping they will have lots of selection!
... I should also add I didn't like the double handle. I was under the impression the top handle was removable, but it isn't, so when you wear it with the long strap it just kind of flops around. Still, it's a really well made bag and I am definitely not turned off.

Reactions: coxswain1